SASS Wire Forum

Mexico set to sue US gun makers

Geez....

"Also Thursday, a Mexican official confirmed that President Felipe Calderon's government has hired a U.S. law firm to investigate possible civil lawsuits against U.S. gun manufacturers or dealers, for what Mexican officials consider the companies' responsibility for guns that are smuggled to Mexico's drug war.

The government has long demanded the United States crack down on cross-border arms smuggling amid drug violence in Mexico that has killed more than 34,000 people over the last four years.

According to the official, who agreed to speak about the legal action only if granted anonymity, the government hired a New York-based law firm late last year to explore possible suits against U.S. gun manufacturers that may have knowingly or imprudently produced or distributed weapons that wound up in the hands of Mexican drug cartel gunmen."

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/04/21/mexico-arrests-lawyer-allegedly-helping-cartel/?test=latestnews

Is there any doubt where THIS idea came from????

LL

This sort of thing makes me so furious there is nothing I can say that wouldn't get this thread pulled. :angry::angry::angry:

Until the cuurent administration I'd never been tempted to get involved in politics outside of emails or phonecalls on certain issues.

Think I'll be taking a much more active role this time around. Need to figure out the best way to do that. :FlagAm:

Fine then - The USA should sue Mexico for bringing destructive drugs and illegal aliens into our country - better yet, it's time to go to war against Mexico! :angry:

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Last I knew, it was strictly legal to manufacture and sell weapons that met Federal law, anywhere in the US. Unless these quislings can prove that a maker KNEW its products were being specifically ordered for the purpose of illegal exportation and use, or was otherwise directly involved in a scheme to do so, they don't stand a chance. The argument will probably be that from sales figures, they "should have known" that certain dealers were selling to straw buyers in quantities beyond the norm, and that such sales were headed South of the border. Good luck.

I sincerely doubt that the Mexican government came up with this idea on its own; wouldn't it be ironic if it turned out that someone connected with our own government instigated this suit? Follow the money...

LL

We could trade a illegal aliens for a illegal gun.Every illegal gun they catch trade us for ever illegal alien we catch.When all the guns were gone we would still have a lot of illegal aliens.

The Mexican govt. is creating a diversion to deflect attention from the fact they're incapable of doing anything about violent crime in their country. This is supposed to create the impression they're doing something about it. Mayor Daly of Chicago is an expert in that arena.

Fine then - The USA should sue Mexico for bringing destructive drugs and illegal aliens into our country - better yet, it's time to go to war against Mexico! :angry:

Dittoes!:angry:

I'm smellin' a rat. <_<

I'm absolutely NOT a "Conspiracy Theorist," but in this case I can very easily imagine some cooperation and coaching from within our own government... :angry:

Naw, let's just annex Mexico. And that US law firm they hired to sue our own, that's sedition.

I'm smellin' a rat. dry.gif

I'm absolutely NOT a "Conspiracy Theorist," but in this case I can very easily imagine some cooperation and coaching from within our own government... :angry:

.....wouldn't be surprised if this only stokes the fire for the UN Small Arms Treaty....:angry:

Naw, let's just annex Mexico. And that US law firm they hired to sue our own, that's sedition.

No way - we can't afford more entitlement programs :blink:

From a different article, plus some commentary from another forum:

'

On November 5, 2010 President Felipe Calderon

expressed his frustration to CBS News correspondent

Peter Greenberg: "We seized more than 90,000 weapons...

I am talking like 50,000 assault weapons, AR -5

machine guns, more than 8,000 grenades and almost 10

million bullets. Amazing figures and according to all

those cases, the ones we are able to track, most of

these are American weapons." '

And the comment:

There is perhaps -one- bright light in all of this

darkness. The gun manufacturer attorneys get to

subpoena lots of records for discovery...like...

oh...I dunno...ATF and State Department. Probably

DoD records too.

If this goes through I wonder how many of those guns, grenades (sold in every gun shop and hardware store :rolleyes: ) and "bullets" will be found to have been sold to the Mexican government for use by Mexican military and police? And how hard will our executive branch fight to keep a lid on all US govt. records?

This is bad PR and the worst thing about these declarations is that it drums up ever stronger resolve within the anti gun nazis.

Even though the existing case has no merit it will vilify manufacturers and gun owners alike, while the left will stick their heads in the sand about the true tactics intended by the politicians that they voted into office.

This is bad PR and the worst thing about these declarations is that it drums up ever stronger resolve within the anti gun nazis.

Even though the existing case has no merit it will vilify manufacturers and gun owners alike, while the left will stick their heads in the sand about the true tactics intended by the politicians that they voted into office.

+1 there.

And not just the capons in office, but the media. Ever notice that when reporting murders or injuries you can tell just from the headline or the lead of the reader if a gun was used? "Two shot and killed" or "Man killed by gunfire." As opposed to "A man and his wife were attacked and killed today." That one I know right off the bat that there was no firearm involved. Why? No method mentioned. It's a subtle thing, by only mentioning firearms, they guide people into thinking that all murders and assaults involve firearms.

I'm cool. The Lawful Commerce in Arms Act takes care of this; not long ago individuals, municipalities, and States were suing gun manufacturers; not since this Congressional legislation.

I gotta say I love the idea that representing Mexico against an American company would be sedition! If I was still in private practice, I'd be happy to have Mexico as a client. That would be a good client! Of course, I'm looking at it from the lawyer's point of view....

As for annexing Mexico, we already did that, the good parts, anyway. As I remember, they deserved it because they were mean to some of our guys somewhere way back then.....

Geez....

"Also Thursday, a Mexican official confirmed that President Felipe Calderon's government has hired a U.S. law firm to investigate possible civil lawsuits against U.S. gun manufacturers or dealers, for what Mexican officials consider the companies' responsibility for guns that are smuggled to Mexico's drug war.

The government has long demanded the United States crack down on cross-border arms smuggling amid drug violence in Mexico that has killed more than 34,000 people over the last four years.

According to the official, who agreed to speak about the legal action only if granted anonymity, the government hired a New York-based law firm late last year to explore possible suits against U.S. gun manufacturers that may have knowingly or imprudently produced or distributed weapons that wound up in the hands of Mexican drug cartel gunmen."

http://www.foxnews.c...test=latestnews

LL

Nope...not t"all !!:FlagAm:

Geez....

http://www.foxnews.c...test=latestnews

LL

Makes perfect sense to me. Mexico thinks they should let their people come up here to work, have free social services from the USA, own homes up here, and only allow us to visit and least down there. So, it would only make sense that they would find a whole new "industry" in sueing us over something for income. I mean why build your own country into something, use someones else backs, resources, and just sue them. I have never understood how Canada and the USA could do it, but Mexico could not become anything much. The people are willing to work, but their government is corrupt .. they should have stayed home and fought their own battles in Mexico to make it a strong country like ours is. Our ancestors had to shed a bit of blood to get us our freedoms, they needed to do that too maybe?

The US should be suing Mexico for flooding our country with illegal aliens and illegal drugs. It's so bad that the Mexican cartels are now operating in many American states away from the border areas. It's time we cut off their foreign aid too.

Boy, this kind of thing just makes me sick!

Why do we put up with it? Wonder if the folks

at the head of the table will ever get a set of

easter eggs and tell them to pound salt!

Boy, am I pi$$ed! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

QDG 48525

I like the Great Wall of Mexico idea, but let the illegals

build it before they are deported! Grand idea!

To continue with your statement..

..."it's time to go to war against Mexico" and take back what should have rightfully belonged to us in the first place!

Single Action Six

While we're at it, let's invade Cuba, set up a puppet government and build several oil refineries. Then take the oil in Kuwait and Iraq we should a been after in the first place. There. In two sentences I solved our nations dependence on foreign oil.

I don't know. Much as I'm against illegal immigration, I have respect and admiration for the Mexican people. The ones I've dealt with have for the most part been decent, hardworking family oriented folk. Unfortunately they are struggling under a very corrupt, inefficient and ineffective government.

I'm all in favor of shutting down the border, and shipping out the illegals, where ever they came form, and getting rid of groups like La Raza and our own businesses and politicians enabling illegal immigration for their own gain. But we need to figure out how to do it without making things hard for those that are here legally. It's a fine line against a multi-faceted problem.

IMHO of course.

For years the Mexican government has turned a blind eye and a deaf ear to the illegal drugs being smuggled into the U.S. Their answer was that if there was no demand, there would be no supply. Well, guess what. All those drugs smuggled into the U.S. produced huge profits. What is an illegal drug merchant to do with all that money? Let's buy some guns and kill off the competition. Now Mexico is reaping what they sowed. Maybe they should just seal up the boarder so no more illegal guns can sneak across. That would also slow down the drug supply, thereby cutting off the drug cartels income. The solution is simple, they just don't want to do it.

Archived