SASS Wire Forum

Ivory grips

Cletus Starr

Grips

These Grips came off of my Wife’s 3rd generation Colts. She said that they were too big for her hands. So I took them off over 12 years ago, and just found them in a box. They are one piece Grips with no screws or Colt Logo’s. To the best of my knowledge they are indeed by Colt. I always loved the fact that they are not pure white like most of the bleached out ones normally seen. They have very nice light tan coloring in them. I am selling them only as a pair, and want $700.00 for them or best offer. Thanks for looking. Cletus Starr

http://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/l589/elwood314/Grips1_cropped.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

These are not available here any longer. Cletus

Just a suggestion, but if you like the grips , why don't you get in touch with one of the grip makers and see what they'll charge to file or grind them down to a smaller size like the Eagle Grips Gunfighter style. Just a thought !!

Isom Dart

Just a suggestion, but if you like the grips , why don't you get in touch with one of the grip makers and see what they'll charge to file or grind them down to a smaller size like the Eagle Grips Gunfighter style. Just a thought !!

Isom Dart

Well I forgot I had them till ten days ago. Long since sold the guns as the wife never got into it. I shoot second gens and they did not fit properly. Just trying to sell them. Did not get one real offer for them here, so they are not on Gunbroker.com at no reserve. Thanks for the suggestion though. Cletus

They really dont look like one piece grips. They look like three piece grips. the center piece is glued in. I cant see all of the center piece but that is what they look like.

I think they may fit my P models. I will give you 200.00 per set and pay shipping.

They really dont look like one piece grips. They look like three piece grips. the center piece is glued in. I cant see all of the center piece but that is what they look like.

Well I hope you guys are done bashing me on this issue. The grips are made by Colt and they are all glued together like these are. How do you propose that they do it otherwise you wise ass. The offer was so puney that I would not consider it anyhow. And yes you were trying to steal them at 400 dollars you liar. Why didn't you just post the offer here for everyone to see instead of in a pm. First of all I did not even know about where the pm's were. I finally did find them later. Like I said when I told you I was sorry, I found your pm in my spam folder by accident and answered it then promptly. I had been checking here every night for offers and had found none. And if you think 400 is a real offer then your crazy. I don't need your crap, I tried to explain the situation to you nicely one on one. I got an e-mail from a friend telling me of you guys pilling up on me here. Anyone who knows me, knows I have more integrity in my little finger than you both have in your whole world. Cletus Starr

One piece wooden grips are made of one piece of wood.That how they do it S A.

One piece wooden grips are made of one piece of wood.That how they do it S A.

I've dropped more bullets than you two newbee's will ever put down range. Cletus

For what it is worth I have been shooting with Cletus Starr for about 14 years.

First in calif. in the North County Shootist Assoc.

Second with the Arizona Yavapai Rangers.

He is a first class cowboy, That I will posse up with any time.

Fallon

I generally don't get in the middle of other people's disagreements...... generally. And, I am not aquainted with anyone in this debate, but, I've been around guns most of my life and I have never, ever seen one piece grips that weren't made out of three pieces joined together, somehow. Some use glue, some use dowels. One piece merely means you don't have to stick a screw through it to make the grip stay on.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Now, carry on.

nothing

Anybody that may have priced a pair of genuine IVORY grips in the last 4 or 5 years would know that the original asking price was not out of line. I personally can't afford them , plus Colts are so dadgum tricky about fitting , but good luck to Cletus. Hope you get 'em sold soon.

Rex :D

Thanks Rex, Rufus, and Fallon for stepping up and saying what you thought was right. The real cowboy way, and may God bless you every one. All I wanted to do was sell a couple of grips, not get into a big pissin contest. I will not use this site for that anymore. It seems to always get me into trouble one way or another. I wonder why it almost always seems to be someone new to our game that has the biggest mouth. Anyhow, thanks for telling it like it is. Cletus Starr

My Cavalry colts have one piece wood grips. They are made of three pieces of wood glued together, no screw through them. I would figure Colt ivory grips go for around $300 per pair at the lowest, i have two colts with ivory grips but both have screws through them, Irish Pat sass 19486

Archived