SASS Wire Forum

At what point does a target change?

Ace_of_Hearts

If the stage instructions say to move to an area or item and the shooter does not make a reasonable effort to do so the shooter gets a P.

Anyone who reads to to mean toward deserves a Clinton award... as in impeachment.

Just funning ya here,

Bruntons can not be read to minutes/seconds of degrees nor humans pacing to tenth/hundredths of a foot. So with that, everyone gets a P and thus, ya might as well shoot the pistol targets from where you shot the rifle targets and earn the one P per stage there and save the travel time in advancing/tagging the cone. :lol:

Anyway, back to my original findings, nothing in SASS Stage Convention on this matter.

Blastmaster, (who owns a Brunton)

yeah, I know. ;)

Aren't Bruntons great little machines? No battery, easy to read. Multi-tasker.

For a similar stage at the Wyoming state championship match several years ago, I asked if I could shoot the pistol targets at a greater distance. The answer was a great one. I could shoot the pistol targets from any distance I liked provided I first moved to the appropriate shooting position, then backed up to the distance I preferred.

yeah, I know. ;)

Aren't Bruntons great little machines? No battery, easy to read. Multi-tasker.

Yep, Bruntons are great. Life was much simplier when Bruntons were the norm. Now a days a survey grade GPS survey system along with AutoCad (along with computers, and all the other necessary accesories) isn't good enough for the Federallies.

Blastmaster

Archived