SASS Wire Forum

WTB Buckaroo Footwear

Good day to all.

I have been looking for footwear for my boys. They are 8 and 11, and wear size 4 and 6 footwear. I've checked the thrift stores, flea markets, etc, and haven't found anything. Their personas are a confederate soldier/scout and a union soldier/scout. They both wear kepis for headgear. I don't want to pay an arm and a leg for some thing, because they are growing so fast. I need some help folks. If you have some old moccasins, boots, brogans, or some thing that might work, please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Tonic

I posted on your other thread. I know I don't have anything "period specific" that'll fit 'em, but I can check in the back of my boy's closet to see if there are any boots there with mileage still left on 'em that are a 4 or 6. I think he's outgrown those sizes now (gotta big foot, like Dad :rolleyes: ). These would be in the modern cowboy boot variety, so if that's not what you're looking for, sorry.

Let me know and I'll look tonight when I get home.

Chick

I posted on your other thread. I know I don't have anything "period specific" that'll fit 'em, but I can check in the back of my boy's closet to see if there are any boots there with mileage still left on 'em that are a 4 or 6. I think he's outgrown those sizes now (gotta big foot, like Dad :rolleyes: ). These would be in the modern cowboy boot variety, so if that's not what you're looking for, sorry.

Chick

Chick that would be great. I'm not picky. I just don't want to invest in some thing really expensive if they decide they want to stop shooting. Let me know what you've got. I appreciate it.

Tonic

Chick

Chick that would be great. I'm not picky. I just don't want to invest in some thing really expensive if they decide they want to stop shooting. Let me know what you've got. I appreciate it.

Tonic

Thanks Minnie. I appreciate the advice. Chick did you have any luck?

Good day to all.

I have been looking for footwear for my boys. They are 8 and 11, and wear size 4 and 6 footwear. I've checked the thrift stores, flea markets, etc, and haven't found anything. Their personas are a confederate soldier/scout and a union soldier/scout. They both wear kepis for headgear. I don't want to pay an arm and a leg for some thing, because they are growing so fast. I need some help folks. If you have some old moccasins, boots, brogans, or some thing that might work, please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Tonic

If you have a Wal_mart near you, they have a high top shoe that closely resembles a Civil War period Brogan, which would fit their personna. I bought two pairs, one "rough out",(Reb) and one smooth brown (Yank). These cost $9.95 a pair. They are called Faded Glory on the box. Not top leather, but more than sufficient for short term CAS use. If no Wally World, go on line and look for Faded Glory footwear.

Al

Thanks Minnie. I appreciate the advice. Chick did you have any luck?

I checked over the weekend, but I'm afraid to say that I can't help. :ph34r: The onliest pair of boots I found....well....it appears the dog got aholt-a-the-toe and chewed it clean through. :unsure: They were a size 6, too. :angry:

I think the missus took sum stuff to the Salvation Army or Goodwill last month and the "outgrowns" went with 'em. Sorry I didn't come up with anything.

Chick

Thanks for checking Chick. Anybody else have any size 4 or 6 size boots, moccasins, brogans, their buckaroos have grown out of? At this point, they may be barefoot indians.

Archived