SASS Wire Forum

WTB

Guest jeweler jim

Guest jeweler jim

Looking for lead, hopefully SWC or RN and here's the catch...

I want something around 150 grains.

Have any number of sources for the standard 170 - 215 grain in lead and jacketed, but hoping someone out there will know of a supplier or where I might get bullets and/or a mold for the lighter weight bullet. Primary is not for the 41Mag, but will probably load some for that also. Had someone who had a mold and cast some for me, but he moved away and then up and "croaked" (without even giving me notice). What he did for me came in around 150 grains and I suspect the mold was cut down from something that looked like a Keith bullet.

This is for the 41AE of which I have a number of pistols and the only way to shoot it without going broke is to reload. Great guns as you can swap it back and forth with the 9mm barrels when you want to shoot on the cheap.

Anyone got any ideas?

jj

Ah, we 41AE guys are a rare breed. One of my 41's is now a 9mmAE. I have a mold that drops 190 grain hollow points if anybody is interested is using any of those.

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c262/mwhyte123/Forty-oneAE.jpg

Guest jeweler jim

Again, have sources for both the lead and jacketed from 170 - 215, but really wanted to come up with some lighter ones around the 150 weight. Can load that weight fairly snappy and get more bullets for less lead used.

Will probably be calling the outfit in Texas and also just found that the guy who used to do my casting for me is AWOL (phone disconnected and don't know if he's still in business).

Thanks for the replies.

Archived