SASS Wire Forum

Ultra Simple Loading Strip Design

Colt Faro, SASS #54579

Howdy everyone! I just came up with a new loading strip design. It's so simple and cheap to make it has to have been done before but I personally haven't seen it. You can make one yourself with very few tools. Anyway here is a video about it. I hope you like it!

Colt

http://youtu.be/BcrGeTh5fLc

Alrighty, Colt.... that be plumb cool! ^_^

BTW, just watched the clip of Rattlesnake Wrangler's 15.87 stage... DANG~!! :lol:

Alrighty, Colt.... that be plumb cool! ^_^

BTW, just watched the clip of Rattlesnake Wrangler's 15.87 stage... DANG~!! :lol:

Snake is just gettin rediculous! He's been watchin lots of videos of Deuce!

Ya done good, Dad... you gotta be proud...!

Heck, I've never met the young man, and I'm proud of 'im~! ^_^

Hey, Colt! Good idea. Simple and straightforward. But, Colt, ya gotta get rid of that guy in black in the video. He's so ugly he takes away from the product!!!;)

Hey everyone I put this up for information because they are so easy to make not to take orders. I will be happy to answer any questions on how to make them though.

Thanks a bunch!

Colt

Thanks Colt. I had a wooden strip n two leather loop straps so I had made two more out of wood. Liking none of them that well I think I'll attmept to make some for Savannah G and myself.

Hey, Colt! Good idea. Simple and straightforward. But, Colt, ya gotta get rid of that guy in black in the video. He's so ugly he takes away from the product!!!;)

Laz I can't do nothin bout that ugly feller he just keeps hangin around like a stray dog that you fed!

That's cool!!

I was looking and I have several old 1 1/2" leather belts laying around that I could cut up and make into those loading strips.

CPK

That's cool!!

I was looking and I have several old 1 1/2" leather belts laying around that I could cut up and make into those loading strips.

CPK

That width would work just fine!

Hmmm.... Is there any worries about the primers bouncing against each other? I expect if you are loading the strip at the cart there would not be much risk of it., but if someone was pre-loading a full match of them at home and transporting them around that way the risk could go up. I guess a curtain of thin leather could go between the bases to stop impact between the brass and primers could be done if needed. It would not make them harder to make just hold the strip of leather by the top snap to hang down. I think it still would be easier to make then the type that hold the rounds like a cartridge belt.

Chances of that are slim to none IMO. There is nothing sticking out to set off a primer. It's not like you would throw them around or something anyway. My suggestion to you would be don't make one if it will make you worry about that. Maybe the loop strips would work better for you. Post up a picture let's see what you got. I'm always open to new ideas.

Hmmm.... Is there any worries about the primers bouncing against each other? I expect if you are loading the strip at the cart there would not be much risk of it., but if someone was pre-loading a full match of them at home and transporting them around that way the risk could go up. I guess a curtain of thin leather could go between the bases to stop impact between the brass and primers could be done if needed. It would not make them harder to make just hold the strip of leather by the top snap to hang down. I think it still would be easier to make then the type that hold the rounds like a cartridge belt.

I still think its a good idea! Just wondering and tossing it out for your opinion since you have some already made. It really is like the speed strips that people use for carry ammo.

Chances of that are slim to none IMO. There is nothing sticking out to set off a primer. It's not like you would throw them around or something anyway. My suggestion to you would be don't make one if it will make you worry about that. Maybe the loop strips would work better for you. Post up a picture let's see what you got. I'm always open to new ideas.

Well folks had a test run on the loading strips today and they worked perfect! They did everything they were supposed to do and kept everything organized. These little jewels are going to make my job at the range much easier. You see I would usually get my ammo ready as well as Rattlesnakes and this way it's all done before we even get to the range. Guess what, I also have an added bonus because I now have tasked Rattlesnake with the ammo preperation before a match! He gets all the strips ready and bagged up so I don't even have to worry about it. This is great!!! I didn't see this added bonus for me when I came up with the strips.

Just wanted to give a heads up on how it worked for me today.

Now I am a very happy Rattlesnakes Dad aka Colt Faro!

Well folks had a test run on the loading strips today and they worked perfect! They did everything they were supposed to do and kept everything organized. These little jewels are going to make my job at the range much easier. You see I would usually get my ammo ready as well as Rattlesnakes and this way it's all done before we even get to the range. Guess what, I also have an added bonus because I now have tasked Rattlesnake with the ammo preperation before a match! He gets all the strips ready and bagged up so I don't even have to worry about it. This is great!!! I didn't see this added bonus for me when I came up with the strips.

Just wanted to give a heads up on how it worked for me today.

Now I am a very happy Rattlesnakes Dad aka Colt Faro!

I was so fortunate to snag one of the these yesterday when Colt and gang showed up at our match. What a functional and handy devise.

Great Job, good simple design. Colt...you can probably sell a ton of these. Oh,and no worries of primer issues for me either.

later

Sid

Colt

Good idea , Thanks for sharing . I made 2 prototypes of them yesterday , 1 in 45 , the other in 38 , I will give them to folks to test for me . I think I will most likely double the leather or move up to a 14 - 16 , the heavyest I had was 8-10 .

This style is a lot faster to build than the wood and leather type I have been doing for the last 3 yrs .

Primer contact is a non -issue IMO .

Chickasaw

Colt

Good idea , Thanks for sharing . I made 2 prototypes of them yesterday , 1 in 45 , the other in 38 , I will give them to folks to test for me . I think I will most likely double the leather or move up to a 14 - 16 , the heavyest I had was 8-10 .

This style is a lot faster to build than the wood and leather type I have been doing for the last 3 yrs .

Primer contact is a non -issue IMO .

Chickasaw

CB,

One of the things I did to help with speed and consistency of making the holes was I have an imprinting press and I modified a punch to fit in it and it made punching that number of holes a breeze.

Just FYI

Colt

Archived