SASS Wire Forum

A Place to Practice

Cassalong Hopidy

I am now working in a north Atlanta burb and while there are plenty of good CAS clubs nearby, I enjoy live fire practice (and am always much in need of it)! The gun clubs in these parts have long waiting lists. Anyone know how I might find a place to shoot that is within about 30 minutes of Roswell GA? I have some targets and would be happy to pay some landowner to let me set up a few targets and practice there periodically. If you know someone, or of a place I might use, let me know. Thanks.

I shoot my rifles and shortguns at indoor ranges. They often have a large paper target with five bowling pins. You can make up all kinds of scenarios (double-tap sweeps, two sweeps, Nevadas, catherders, etc.). Some indoor ranges do not allow lead bullets or rapid firing. They do not get my business. Many indoor rnages do not allow fast drawing from holsters; I just simulate drawing from the table in front of me.

I have improved my shotgun with snap caps. The process of mounting, loading, firing, unloading, repeating is more important than actual accuracy.

Most any type of practice beats no practice.

I am now working in a north Atlanta burb and while there are plenty of good CAS clubs nearby, I enjoy live fire practice (and am always much in need of it)! The gun clubs in these parts have long waiting lists. Anyone know how I might find a place to shoot that is within about 30 minutes of Roswell GA? I have some targets and would be happy to pay some landowner to let me set up a few targets and practice there periodically. If you know someone, or of a place I might use, let me know. Thanks.

PM Witch Doctor, she might be able to help.

Randy

I have a similar problem and worse since I shoot black powder. The indoor ranges want nothing to do with the black and the "one" outdoor range where I live has met its 450 membership cap already so I'm out of luck there. Basically my practice is when I go to a shoot at 1 1/2 hours drive away. Makes it hard to install and sight in new rifle sights and such. Smithy.

Classic Marksman on Peachtree Industrial at McGinnis Ferry will let you shoot pistols from leather and the rifle, SG not so much. Rapid fire is not an issue either. They used to let me test fire my SKB's there but don't allow normal SG firing

Classic Marksman on Peachtree Industrial at McGinnis Ferry will let you shoot pistols from leather and the rifle, SG not so much. Rapid fire is not an issue either. They used to let me test fire my SKB's there but don't allow normal SG firing

Thanks, Dirt Merchant. I will check the place out. Am still hoping to find some landowner that would accommodate me for a reasonable fee.

Well,

What ya need to do is try and get your local club to have a practice weekend one a month. Helps everybody and brings in more money/members for the club. There are two clubs in my area that do that. Cost is free to members and $10 to non members.

Most of the ranges I have been to will not let you draw from a holster or rapid fire. Yea right a SA and a lever is rapid fire.

Wyandot

Archived