SASS Wire Forum

Rugers and Marlins?

Dorado

Ok This being a old west thing we should be using old west guns. What do y'all think of changing the rules to not allow rugers and marlins? Those weren't around back then.

UPDATE!!! It was an experiment. You can stop now. I was joking. Don't get you breeches in a twist. It's over. Stop. I repeat STOP!

Ok This being a old west thing we should be using old west guns. What do y'all think of changing the rules to not allow rugers and marlins? Those weren't around back then.

My friend I correct you and Say Marlins were around back then, and as far as Rugers are you really wanting to start that fight?

KK

Ah come on It's a legitimate question.

Is there not a NCOWS club around you? :P Just kidding pard. I guess they could, but where would you draw the line? Timers, gun carts, safety glasses, hearing protection & aids, zippers, short stroke and action jobs?

BSD

Not one that I'm aware of. And I'll draw the line somewhere but I don't pay attention to them when I color. :P

Hey Dorado you might want to look into NCOWS if the period corrct firearms that others shoot bothers you and limits the fun you have while playing the game!

Oh.... do you shoot a pair of first gen Colts and an original Winchester? See, second and third gen Colts were not around back then and Aldo Uberti wasn't either!

KQ

Dorado,if you really feel that way about it I have a idea for you.Dont use them.That is the great part of this game so many ways it can be played and enjoyed by all.

Ok, Got the responses I needed. 14 replies, 30 minutes. Great help. Sorry to stir the pot but It was just an experiment.

Btw I use marlin and am about to purchase some rugers.

With that logic you would have to ban all clones such as Rugers, Berettas, Taurus', Ubertis, Piettas, Chiappas, Pumas, and shoot only products that are available from manufacturers that were around in the 1800's in a rimfire or WCF caliber?

I for one couldn't afford it. :rolleyes:

Ok, Got the responses I needed. 14 replies, 30 minutes. Great help. Sorry to stir the pot but It was just an experiment.

Btw I use marlin and am about to purchase some rugers.

We ALL now know what your all about ;)

LG

Ok, so I like aggravating people. that's not a crime. But in all seriousness, I'm helping a friend of mine with some school work. She was charged with aggravating a group of people for 30 minutes and see what happens, for a psychology or sociology class or something like that. She has the distinct inability to make people mad. Its the strangest thing. But I told her I'd help her out. I have a knack for it, apparently. So, experiment over. Test done. Thank you for your unwitting participation.

Next topic please

The Henry Big Boy!! :o:lol:;)

Ah come on It's a legitimate question.

It's quite incorrect regarding Marlins. They WERE used during the old west.

Models 1881, 1889. 1894 just to name a few.

I think I started something that won't end!!!!!! :wacko: :wacko:

I can't remember the exact words, but WB member Tex said on TV, something real close to this: "SASS is not how the west really was, but it's how people think it was, and that's close enough" THAT, dear reader is the heart and soul of SASS. This ain't "thread count policing" reinactors, this is a FANTASY game with an old west theme, nothing more..... So lemme ask this, with that in mind, would you even ASK your question?

PEOPLE PLEASE READ THIS! It was just an experiment, nothing more. I was not being serious. It's over. You're just kicking a fake dead horse. It's like hopping on a rocking horse to go to Never Never Land. It ain't happenin' 'cept in your dreams. Get over it.

PEOPLE PLEASE READ THIS! It was just an experiment, nothing more. I was not being serious. It's over. You're just kicking a fake dead horse. It's like hopping on a rocking horse to go to Never Never Land. It ain't happenin' 'cept in your dreams. Get over it.

Get over it? ~ on the Wire? - Good luck! :lol:

Folks in these parts love kicking dead horses - fake or not....:D

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Dorado,

actually, the joke is on you. These Wire Pards knew you had to be jokin and such and played along. And now, your the one who only took 30 minutes to get all riled up.

Tell your experimental friend how this 'test' really worked out....

This is funny.

Oh yea, just so everyone knows.....WD40 is the best cleaner/lubricant on the market!

..........Widder

Archived