SASS Wire Forum

Looking for a 94 Marlin Cowboy Comp .38

Alaska Jack

My little woman starting shooting, and after trying a friends, want's a Cowboy Comp. I must admit as little as she is (100# soaking set) it fits her better than a 73. I see one got by me in Mar, oh well stuff happens.

Drop me a wire if you have one in .38 cal.

Keep yur'n powder dry.

Having trouble keepn' up with the responses and think I've made some unhappy, so I'm cancelling this WTB. Thanks to all that have responded

My little woman starting shooting, and after trying a friends, want's a Cowboy Comp. I must admit as little as she is (100# soaking set) it fits her better than a 73. I see one got by me in Mar, oh well stuff happens.

Keep yur'n powder dry.

:unsure:

Save many bucks and look for a regular 20" Marlin in .38/.357. Same gun less the "case" colored reciever, more available, and cheaper. Factory "Action Job" is a joke. It will still need an action job. Been there, done that (twice). MHO.

Good Hunting

Al

Thanks for ad-vise Al. She already has one of those but wants another. You know how they can get.

Hello Alaska Jack,

I have one I would sell. It has had a full action job, one piece firing pin, new sights and is very smooth and and ready to go. Shipped price depends on location. $795 shipped east of the Mississippi.

Thanks,

Sourdough Joe

Offer to sell withdrawn, no response from potential buyer.

Sourdough Joe 4/22/11

Keep yur'n powder dry.

Keep yur'n powder dry.

Hello Alaska Jack,

Please let me know by midnight tonight if you want the Cowboy Comp I posted on your add yesterday. I now have five SASS members who want to buy it!

Thanks,

Sourdough Joe

Hello Alaska Jack,

Please let me know by midnight tonight if you want the Cowboy Comp I posted on your add yesterday. I now have five SASS members who want to buy it!

Thanks,

Sourdough Joe

Joe, Sorry for the delay I've been tied up with some stuff. You how it goes. I am interested if you still are. Please email direct to adams.m@mchsi.com with pics if you have them. I'm in Iowa and that sounds like a whale of a price.

Again, sorry for the delay.

Offer to sell withdrawn, no response from potential buyer.

Sourdough Joe 4/22/11

Today's technology has sped the world up so much... 43 hours without a reply...

... not a judgment, just an observation of the times...

... there are people alive today whose parents could remember a time when getting a letter from "the states" to California territory in ten short days was considered nothing short of miraculous. Today, a message can be sent, and replied to, virtually instantaneously and we have the technology to physically deliver a package coast to coast in barely more than an hour. What will the next century bring?

Howdy,

There was one at a local gun shop.

You are talkin 20 inch octagonal barrel, right?

I believe its brand new.

815-501-9421, ask for Denny.

iirc $850 or so, nib.

Best

CR

We have built in a lot of anxiety with the new fangled contraptions! Remember how FAX machines revolutionized the speed of business? These technologies have created a sense of urgency unknown by other generations.

Like Sourdough Joe, I have responded to peoples ads looking to buy something and have gotten a number of PMs from folks wanting to be next in line in case the other fella did not want the item. I received PMs from a guy telling the way I gave away free shirts and cowboy gear here on the Wire was not fair because others saw it before him and I should have limited my gifts to one item per person!

Amazing times we live in, great observation J-Bar Binks.

Today's technology has sped the world up so much... 43 hours without a reply...

... not a judgment, just an observation of the times...

... there are people alive today whose parents could remember a time when getting a letter from "the states" to California territory in ten short days was considered nothing short of miraculous. Today, a message can be sent, and replied to, virtually instantaneously and we have the technology to physically deliver a package coast to coast in barely more than an hour. What will the next century bring?

Archived