SASS Wire Forum

Shooting Glasses

Cap'n Highpockets

I am in the market for shooting glasses and have been looking at ESS (ICE system) on the web. They seem to fit the bill & the price seems to be middle of the road. Any opinions pro or con would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your thoughts.

Cap'n Highpockets

I can only say that when I was deployed, we were first issued Oakleys. Many in my unit, myself included, had problems with lenses delaminating. We were next issued ESS glasses. No problems with them. If I had to make a gripe, it was after changing lenses from dark to clear many times, the frames got a bit loose. My platoon was on 1100 to 2300, so they would get changed a lot. Never lost a lens though.

Good glasses. I wear 'em.

Yours is the third thread in the last three weeks on shooting glasses, and they have gotten good remarks each thread.

Good luck, GJ

They look good for sure and might need to get a pair - however, I just picked up a pair of 3M AO glasses for work that I will be trying at the next shoot.

http://www.aosafety....n_platform_id=6

These are CSA Z94.3 / ANSI Z87.1-2003 certified and are 100% USA made too (like the ESS products) ;)

Though they don't meet the Military's MIL-PRF-31013 Ballistic Standard like the ESS products , and that does add a bit more 'confidence' in safety.

Still, they cost $10 and will be fine for our sport

GG ~ :FlagAm:

I love my ICE System glasses. They are perfect for me - very comfortable, easy to use - no downside for me.

I wear my ICE glasses for everything. I have a pair in each SUV for sunglasses and my yellow set is in the gun cart. Since I have had PRK I have not found a better pair of glasses. I do need a set of bows for one pair but they are also 5 years old.

Archived