SASS Wire Forum

Alot of meaningless gripes lately on the Wire

About clothing, hats, footwear (oh sorry...boots), rules of the Wire, dead horses, this or that, yadda yadda, etc ~ when in the heck did this whinning start and more importantly when will it end.

Looking at some of these responses it seems we are starting to look like a bunch of playground kids...

so with that - tag your it :lol:

In short - try and 'lighten up Francis'

G (who is whinning about the whinning :P ) G ~ :FlagAm:

LET'S GET BACK TO THE CAMARADERIE WE HAVE DEVELOPED IN THIS GREAT SPORT OF COWBOY ACTION SHOOTING!!

EDIT: Changed per BJT's post below (original spelling is in his post) :lol: :lol:

Is COMMODERY something that happens in the commode?

(My spelling sucks too but somethings are too good to resist)

Very Best Regards,

BJT

About clothing, hats, footwear (oh sorry...boots), rules of the Wire, dead horses, this or that, yadda yadda, etc ~ when in the heck did this whinning start and more importantly when will it end.

Looking at some of these responses it seems we are starting to look like a bunch of playground kids...

LET'S GET BACK TO THE COMMODERY WE HAVE DEVELOPED IN THIS GREAT SPORT OF COWBOY ACTION SHOOTING!!

Is COMMODERY something that happens in the commode?

(My spelling sucks too but somethings are too good to resist)

Very Best Regards,

BJT

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ya got me....

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Well I am going to whine about you whining about others whining, so there!!!

Seven pages later we will be having a discussion about whether whining is outside the Spirit of the Game, should whining zealots be banned, and what the rulebook says about whining, if anything. In the meanwhile, I'm going to go whine about the fact that nobody ever answered my question about the hat issue.

I don't know about any of you, but I am kind of testy because I have brand new guns, the next match is this coming Saturday and it is supposed to rain.

I know, lets have a speeeeeling contest. :lol:

Hey Gunner, lets talk about Marlin rifles. How is yours doing?

..........Widder

Really good!!

When I went to actually shoot it with my adrenalin was going and it felt like it had no internals - basically effortless! Which kinda threw me out of rhythm :lol: I am now working on levering it without having my trigger finger leaving the lever every stroke. If that makes sense. I really just have to trust being 'effortless' on the stroke to keep everything in momentum. Last night Deuce showed me the Widdermatic Marlin and it was even more effortless than mine done by him and Ketchum Quick!! A beautiful feel indeed.

Thanks for asking Widder :D

Well I am going to whine about you whining about others whining, so there!!!

Seven pages later we will be having a discussion about whether whining is outside the Spirit of the Game, should whining zealots be banned, and what the rulebook says about whining, if anything. In the meanwhile, I'm going to go whine about the fact that nobody ever answered my question about the hat issue.

Not worse, just odd. And, if they have gone through all that trouble with everything else, the chance of them not would be about like finding a photo of Wild Bill outdoors without. ;)

I don't know about any of you, but I am kind of testy because I have brand new guns, the next match is this coming Saturday and it is supposed to rain.

They get pre-shrunk at the factory, Bart. They won't shrink if they get wet. :lol:

Really good!!

When I went to actually shoot it with my adrenalin was going and it felt like it had no internals - basically effortless! Which kinda threw me out of rhythm :lol: I am now working on levering it without having my trigger finger leaving the lever every stroke. If that makes sense. I really just have to trust being 'effortless' on the stroke to keep everything in momentum. Last night Deuce showed me the Widdermatic Marlin and it was even more effortless than mine done by him and Ketchum Quick!! A beautiful feel indeed.

Thanks for asking Widder :D

GG: glad you got to check it out.

The angle feed is a thing of beauty and 'lack of feeling'. It seem to perform flawless for Deuce's speed while he was down here a couple weeks back. I hope it still runs good for him.

I hear good things about KQ and his work. Sounds like you got a very nice Marlin also.

Run it fast.

..........Widder

Gunner,

You know I like you. :wub:

However, I don't like this type of thread. There are issues that are important to some folks. They have a right to discuss them (and take whatever comes back at them), yeah even Lone Dog, who seems to be the Lone Man Out on one of the threads. :unsure:

Please do not condescend by implying you are above these discussions and the people who participate are "playground kids."

Regards,

Allie Mo :P;)

Gunner,

You know I like you. :wub:

However, I don't like this type of thread. There are issues that are important to some folks. They have a right to discuss them (and take whatever comes back at them), yeah even Lone Dog, who seems to be the Lone Man Out on one of the threads. :unsure:

Please do not condescend by implying you are above these discussions and the people who participate are "playground kids."

Regards,

Allie Mo :P;)

Ms. Mo - my feelings for you are the same ;)

but - lighten up (I think I already said that)

Gripping and whinning is just that - that's how I have been seein' it lately here on the Wire, and I have a right to say that thank you very much.

...and did I ever say that I was 'above these discussions'? - no. Did I ever say that those who participate are 'playground kids'? - no.

I said " Looking at some of these responses it seems we are starting to look like a bunch of playground kids"

So if you defend others with their gripes then you can defend me with mine - so neener neener :P

I'd like to register a complaint about people complaining about people who complain about people registering a complaint about people who complain... uh, hmmm, now wait a minute. Where was I? :unsure: :unsure:

I'd like to register a complaint about people complaining about people who complain about people registering a complaint about people who complain... uh, hmmm, now wait a minute. Where was I? :unsure: :unsure:

Your in the right place - take a number :lol:

I have to say it's too funny that some would jump on this thread and focus/analyze on the negative and yet ignore the :

"LET'S GET BACK TO THE CAMARADERIE WE HAVE DEVELOPED IN THIS GREAT SPORT OF COWBOY ACTION SHOOTING!!

Which is the real message here....;) I know..I know...someone will say...you said this or you said that. Yeah I did! to make a point in saying what I am quoting from my first post above. It ain't rocket science folks...hmmmm, maybe it is :o .....:lol:

TAG YOUR IT!

They get pre-shrunk at the factory, Bart. They won't shrink if they get wet. :lol:

LOL: I was at Prince of Pistoleers last year. My Russian shotgun shrunk from 12 gauge to 11 1/2 gauge. It has taken me nearly a year to stretch it back into shape. :rolleyes:

I just want to shoot,and talk about shooting and the guns that Pards shoot. I dont care who's posse I am on or if I shoot first every stage or last every stage.Just let me meet the people I meet on the wire and have fun doing what this is all about.If I have a P coming for this post just tell me what the P is for and add 10 to my score.This game is to much fun to not enjoy all of it even the wire.The few people that I have gotten to meet at the few shoots I have gone too have been a blessing.This game has been the best thing to happen to me outside of my family.I dont agree with all that is said on the wire but I think all has the right to say it as long as it does not hurt someone.Pit Bull

LET'S GET BACK TO THE CAMARADERIE WE HAVE DEVELOPED IN THIS GREAT SPORT OF COWBOY ACTION SHOOTING!!

EDIT: Changed per BJT's post below (original spelling is in his post) :lol: :lol:

Comraderie!!! Wow!!! That's a really really hard word to spell. Firefox doesn't like ANY way I try to spell it. All I am sure of is the root is comrade so your first a should be an o, but other than that I give up and you have two strikes on that one.

There is only one n in whining. The unnecessary doubling of consonants is epidemic these days. Like two "m"s in coming and loose for lose. Stop it.

And it's tag you're it as in you are contracted. Not "your it". This too is rampant these days just like there is now commonly used as an unacceptable substitute for they're and their. Just wear ye hat and speel howe'er ye keer tu. Too many think to works for too. :rolleyes:B):P:lol:

Welcome to the wire.....................I wazza gonna go into a tirade, but alas.....don't sweat the small stuff, everything is small stuff...

Life is Good, Eternity washed in the blood is better,

Cheyenne Culpepper

So it is, Joe, so it is. Never said it warn't and always knowed it were. Thanks for the assist. Unlike some here I do not take umbrage at correction, actually I enjoy it and appreciate it. Nothing worse than laboring under a false delusion. Unless it's working without tools.

Is this a meaningless gripe? :P What does a meaningful gripe look like? :rolleyes:

So it is, Joe, so it is. Never said it warn't and always knowed it were. Thanks for the assist. Unlike some here I do not take umbrage at correction, actually I enjoy it and appreciate it. Nothing worse than laboring under a false delusion. Unless it's working without tools.

Personally, I like laboring under true delusions.

Isn't that what it means when I'm told that I'm truly delusional?

Comraderie!!! Wow!!! That's a really really hard word to spell. Firefox doesn't like ANY way I try to spell it. All I am sure of is the root is comrade so your first a should be an o, but other than that I give up and you have two strikes on that one.

There is only one n in whining. The unnecessary doubling of consonants is epidemic these days. Like two "m"s in coming and loose for lose. Stop it.

And it's tag you're it as in you are contracted. Not "your it". This too is rampant these days just like there is now commonly used as an unacceptable substitute for they're and their. Just wear ye hat and speel howe'er ye keer tu. Too many think to works for too. :rolleyes:B):P:lol:

Oh well...deal with it. I'll write good posts with lame grammer and you can continue to write lame posts with good grammer ;) BTW: I still say OMV, as in 'Original Model' Vaquero... :P

Heck, I'm still chucklin' 'bout the "commoderie." :lol:

.....and don't forget to put the lid down when yer finished..... :rolleyes:

I hear ya - it got me too.... :D and I am the doof that wrote it - duh me!

Archived