SASS Wire Forum

Looking for Bolero Jacket source

Cole Hart

Here is a link to similar jackets

My wife likes the Spanish Bolero style riding jackets, but except for a maker in Europe who charges $500-$1000 per jacket she can't seem to find them for sale. Has anyone else searched out a source? Maybe you know a reasonable seamstress who is familiar with the style.

Guest diablo slim shootist

best thing would to buy a dress pattern and have someone make one out

of the material of her choosing.From what I have seen $200 is not out

of line for a ready made.Another option is to check E_Bay ;)

Guest EL NEGRO GATO #8178

Here is a link to similar jackets

My wife likes the Spanish Bolero style riding jackets, but except for a maker in Europe who charges $500-$1000 per jacket she can't seem to find them for sale. Has anyone else searched out a source? Maybe you know a reasonable seamstress who is familiar with the style.

Howdy, what size is your wife, I recently lost my wife and I have a few of her southwest jackets and skirts

WR

EL Negro Gato,

I'm very sorry to hear that. My sympathies go out to you, sir. I don't know what I would do without my Sally.

This is a strange coincidence, as Sally just started shooting SASS recently, she was puzzling over a name for weeks and had just settled on "La Gata Negra". I hope there won't be a conflict if she tries to register it.

She generally wears betwen a 16 and an 18 in jackets. I'm not sure what it would be in skirts, waist is probably a 38 or a 40.

I looked at the Wild West Mercantile and didn't see any ladies size vaquero jackets. I also tried searched for bullfighting jacket and matador, but nothing comes close except for a couple of European sites that are horribly expensive. If a jacket costs as much as a gun, then we buy the gun.

Thanks,

Cole Hart

Guest EL NEGRO GATO #8178

EL Negro Gato,

I'm very sorry to hear that. My sympathies go out to you, sir. I don't know what I would do without my Sally.

This is a strange coincidence, as Sally just started shooting SASS recently, she was puzzling over a name for weeks and had just settled on "La Gata Negra". I hope there won't be a conflict if she tries to register it.

She generally wears betwen a 16 and an 18 in jackets. I'm not sure what it would be in skirts, waist is probably a 38 or a 40.

I looked at the Wild West Mercantile and didn't see any ladies size vaquero jackets. I also tried searched for bullfighting jacket and matador, but nothing comes close except for a couple of European sites that are horribly expensive. If a jacket costs as much as a gun, then we buy the gun.

Thanks,

Cole Hart

Hey Cole, My wife was a little small, but goggle Mariachi costums or check e-bay

ENG

Cole,

River Junction has a vaquero jacket for men. You might want to give them a call and ask if they can make it in a woman's size. I have had them do custom work in the past and they are more than happy to comply. Give them a call.

Bystander

http://riverjunction.3dcartstores.com/Vaquero-Jacket--Cotton-Herringbone_p_77.html

Excellent! Thanks for all your help. That El Charro website seems to be just what she is looking for.

Cole

A seamstress I am not, but....I also like the bolero look. I found that by taking a button down sweater and cropping it at the bread basket all the way around, then "butterflying" the front (kinda rounding off from the bottom button) and zig-zagging the edges, I have an inexpensive bolero to shoot in. They don't look too bad either! I am sure the same can be done with a light weight jacket. Try getting something from the thrift store! Look me up on fb...I have a shot of me in one of my creations! Good luck!! :blush:

Howdy Pard!

Does she sew? If so, Laughing Moon has an easy pattern. If you buy iron-on appliques you can make one easily for a starter. Here is that pattern.

She could make the Laughing Moon jacket or vest and add an applique from Suitability. Scroll to see them.

For anyone with even minimal experience sewing, this would be a simple option. Darn, now you've got me wanting to make a new costume. :rolleyes: I already have both patterns.

Regards,

Allie Mo

EBAY--do a search: jackets in the clothing & shoes category, then narrow it down by choosing "women" and "bolero". you'll find all kinds, in all fabrics, some new & some vintage, at discount prices up to expensive. There are a few boleros on there now that are really nice with studs, beads and trims--wool, suede, leather, twill & denim.

Archived