SASS Wire Forum

COLT EXPERTS!

Phantom, SASS #54973

I've got a First Model Richard conversion MODEL GUN exactly like the one on page 163 of Bruce McDowell's book "A Study of Colt Conversions and Other Percussion Revolvers".

Very good condition!

Does anyone out there in WIRE LAND know anything about these guns and their values?????

Many thanks!

Phantom

:FlagAm:

^_^ Hi Phantom,

Try Collectors Firearms at (713) 781-1960, it is located here in the Houston area.

You may have to ask for someone in the Antique Colt revolver area.

It is a start.

You might look into the Colt forum on the internet. Join, it costs nothing but your time and possible pain of reading. Post a question, most times it is answered by a bevy of experts ^_^ or wannabees.

Cheers,

Oklahoma Dee

I've got a First Model Richard conversion MODEL GUN exactly like the one on page 163 of Bruce McDowell's book "A Study of Colt Conversions and Other Percussion Revolvers".

Very good condition!

Does anyone out there in WIRE LAND know anything about these guns and their values?????

Many thanks!

Phantom

:FlagAm:

I spotted one of those recently at an antique gunshow in PA.....it was about $6000.

Okay guys, the gun is a Model gun...has the "M" stamping.

I've posted on the CCA forum...but I know that there are experts here too ;)

Also, I am a member (new) of the Colt Collectors Association...shows ya how low the bar is!

Currently have an offer apx $12,000. Oh, come with the original holster ;)

King of Borgs,

I tried to PM you but I got a message that said you aren't receiving any messages.

Anyhow, I'll email you tomorrow. (I want to mention a name but prefer not to do it on the Wire).

..........Widder

The Phantom has now left the building.... :ph34r:

I'll give you $12,500 or an old guitar... you take checks?

Okay guys, the gun is a Model gun...has the "M" stamping.

I've posted on the CCA forum...but I know that there are experts here too ;)

Also, I am a member (new) of the Colt Collectors Association...shows ya how low the bar is!

Currently have an offer apx $12,000. Oh, come with the original holster ;)

I would recommend www.coltforum.com over the CCA. I once had a question about Colt Lightnings. I posted on both sites; on the CCA site, I got no replies and only three views in about two weeks- and all of the views were me checking up. Got a good answer on coltforum. Seems to be an empty desert on CCA. Usually the newest post on CCA was a day or so old, not 15-30 minutes old or less, as on coltforum.

www.coltcollectors.com

The Colt Collectors annual show is the 29 Sept through 2 October in Kansas City, MO this year. I took a circa 1902 Bisley to this show two years ago nad was able talk to a dozen experts at one place.

Antique arms need to be seen by experts to fuly understand the history of the firearm. I also recommend RL Wilsn's books and the Cody Museum.

King of Borgs,

I tried to PM you but I got a message that said you aren't receiving any messages.

Anyhow, I'll email you tomorrow. (I want to mention a name but prefer not to do it on the Wire).

..........Widder

Sorry...I think my...uhhhhhh...mailbox thingie is full.

Email me ;)

I would recommend www.coltforum.com over the CCA. I once had a question about Colt Lightnings. I posted on both sites; on the CCA site, I got no replies and only three views in about two weeks- and all of the views were me checking up. Got a good answer on coltforum. Seems to be an empty desert on CCA. Usually the newest post on CCA was a day or so old, not 15-30 minutes old or less, as on coltforum.

Thanks for the heads up on the coltforum - just signed up and posted!

;)

The Colt Western market has cooled off considerable in the last 2 years. I had one of those in last auction, sold for 8k. No hholster, but those can be suusppect. 12k, I'd jump on

hud

Archived