SASS Wire Forum

delete

joachim slim

Guest jeweler jim

As silver closed @ $43.05 on Friday I'm thinking you have just under forty dollars in melt value if it's marked one oz. sterling and if it's marked .999 you have the forty three.

In any event I'm also thinking you should be able to take it to any local coin dealer and get close to spot price and that will equal the numbers you're looking for by saving you the fees for sending it out. Also if you hang on to it for a few days you might find that it will be worth more than your $42 asking price because it should keep going up.

Just saying, you're mileage may vary.

We're sitting on a number of three pound coffee cans packed tight with the stuff at our shop waiting for fifty dollar silver to cash that out. We'll empty them out and start all over again. Might cash out just before the fifty number as many are holding out for that right now and we'll also probably see a minor correction around that amount, but it should keep going anyway.

Sent PM.

That round is from a series by Longines of Endangered American Wildlife. I think there were 36 in the set. It is surely worth more to someone than just melt value. It is a shame that so many different pieces of our history are being melted just for the almighty dollar!!! Not that this set is in that category, but it could be considered Americana some day. I have the Eagle, the Wolverine, and the Polar Bear. They are all beautiful pieces. Paisano

Archived