SASS Wire Forum

Got some concern for folks on the Southeast.

It ran through here last night. The worst of it hit around 8 eastern. The stuff that rolled through these parts last night passed just to the north of us but the outer band of storms were right up the road. They had quarter size hail less 20 miles north of me along with a tornado that never touched down and part of that band of storms produced baseball sized hail just across the border in GA around Hamilton. Pine Mountain (where Calloway Gardens is located) reported 49mph wind gusts yesterday evening, too. By and large, this area came out pretty well. Here at the homestead, we saw some serious lightning, had heavy winds but saw little rain until about 3AM.

We got hit pretty hard here in GA. Yesterday evening was pretty wild! Torrential rain, lightening, thunder, hail and tornadoes. When the tornado sirens went off, we holed up the basement for a bit.

Today was sunny and cool. No damage at my place except for the azaleas. Basement even stayed dry.

Yesterday afternoon we had tornados in the area, and quarter to golf ball sized hail.

Had a hailstone hit the top of a pickup door that I was driving so hard it dented the top edge and caused the door seal to leak the rest of the day. Had a nice spider web looking crack in the windshield too.

We all lived through it though.

Prayers up for those who have suffered loss.

~EE Taft~

Prayers up for all y'all in da South.

Got family (4 boys and 1 girl and her new husband) dat live in NC.

Still have'nt heard from'em.

Their cells dead !!

When I lived out east, SC, GA, and then MO.. I dreaded the tornado Sirens.

I would hear on TV where they were heading next, but knowing you were in the path of past tornados never helped.. lol.

I would take the dogs, a huge comforter and put them in the tub with me with a comforter there by us. And wait. You got any idea what a tub will do to a boney hinny with a couple dogs laying on ya? lol..

One night in Clever MO, they had a police officer alarming us about every hour. I went outside to find my neighbor with her baby girl crying and praying to God. You know,... God has a lot on his plate, and at times he drafts us to help others,.. So I spent and interesting evening with her an the cutiest baby girl. I guess some could say there was a silver lining.. the enjoyment I had of knowing her that night and her little girl until her husand made it home, far surpassed any fear of the storms.

. But all in all... I was so scared.. I thought I would pee my pants.. but yet helping someone else made it easeir..

Archived