SASS Wire Forum

I need to invoke the power of the Prayer Posse

Dorado

I'm not used to asking for prayer but we need it. There are several wildfires out of control and 50 mph winds, we're 10" below normal rainfall for the year which is usually 11" by now. Several homes have been lost and the fires heading my way. All I can do is wait and hope the firemen can save us. God bless those men and have mercy on us.

They did an evacuation a couple of miles away from me. I've got my crash bag ready and the hoses out. I'll fight to the last but I'm ready to run when I need to.

They did an evacuation a couple of miles away from me. I've got my crash bag ready and the hoses out. I'll fight to the last but I'm ready to run when I need to.

Things, no matter how painful to lose, can be replaced. People can't. May God watch over you.

If you have time, get a sprinkler of some sort going on your roof.

There's already one out there. I'm just hoping that it turns west. There's nothing out there except scrub land. If it heads that way the firemen would have a chance at stopping it.

Also if it heads that way I get to make jokes that I was just out watering my house to make it bigger.

Lord, may you put a hedge of protection around Dorado's home, and bless the Firefighters. We also pray for rain Lord!

BSD

Prayers up to God for the protection of you, your family and neighbors, and all those affected (including your horses). Best of luck and get out if it looks like it will take a turn for the worse.

Bucky

Prayers are up for you,Dorado. Remember; Insurance was invented to replace things. No one can replace you. If it starts lookin' bad, best git while the gittin's good.

WWB

Prayers up.

The wind died down about 7-8pm and that let the fire departments get a handle on things. Luckily the fires were were contained and put out over the night. Many homes were lost and a couple of people died, one was a fireman that passed out from the smoke and fell in a ditch. The fire got him. Other than that not a lot of damage was done. Where the fires were there's a good bit of access and not a lot of brush. The fire crews didn't have much trouble reaching the fires. The biggest problem was the wind. The winds were very turbulent and strong so they didn't allow any help from aircraft. There was still some smoke just a couple of hours ago but not much. It seems that the firemen have things under control. Firemen truly are men. For now we just need to pray for rain.

Glad you and your property is safe!

Wind is the bane of firefighters. I've been on more than one where things were just completely unstoppable. Leaped, roads, railroads, streams. Sometimes it seems like its a living thing and you feel pretty puny. I'll do a rain dance.

Archived