SASS Wire Forum

Being on hold sucks

Grizzly Dave

Being on hold sucks more than a Dyson vacuum cleaner.

Back when I was working, the state came up with a computerized personnel and payroll system. You went on the computer and entered your hours worked and put various codes in for your specific activity. It was a pita and didn't work right out of the chute.

I called their number one day and the computerized voice told me how important my call was and that someone would be available to handle my call in approximately......

3 hours

and

forty-seven minutes.

I retired not long after that.

Dang. I guess my 40 minutes wasn't so bad after all.

I made daughter Grizz's plane reservation to bring her home from college in Ohio. Made the reservation on Tuesday, still didn't have an email confirmation so called to ask whats up. When I finally get a human they say "oh, since you used a certificate it takes longer to get into the system."

They gave daughter Grizz the certificate for messing up her flight plans at thanksgiving, she did finally get where she was going, but about 8 hours late. Oh well, the cert did cover her ticket to come home next month, so I guess jumping thru hoops to redeem it is the price I pay.

Dang. I guess my 40 minutes wasn't so bad after all.

I made daughter Grizz's plane reservation to bring her home from college in Ohio. Made the reservation on Tuesday, still didn't have an email confirmation so called to ask whats up. When I finally get a human they say "oh, since you used a certificate it takes longer to get into the system."

They gave daughter Grizz the certificate for messing up her flight plans at thanksgiving, she did finally get where she was going, but about 8 hours late. Oh well, the cert did cover her ticket to come home next month, so I guess jumping thru hoops to redeem it is the price I pay.

If you had access to a computer while you were on hold, no problem, you can do research, email, play games. And then, think of it in terms of dollars per hour. You used that cert rather than shell out what, 250 bucks for a ticket? So, let's see....250/.67 comes to roughly (mumbles through the long division) $370/hour. Not a bad wage.

If you had access to a computer while you were on hold, no problem, you can do research, email, play games. And then, think of it in terms of dollars per hour. You used that cert rather than shell out what, 250 bucks for a ticket? So, let's see....250/.67 comes to roughly (mumbles through the long division) $370/hour. Not a bad wage.

Joe, did you have on a green eye shade and sleeve garters when you ciphered all that out.

I get a mental image of a bean counter from the nineteenth century sitting in a wood wainscoting and tacky wallpapered office, cuspidor at his foot, ciphering while the telegraph is ticking in the background.

:unsure:

Hey, it is a slow day here. :blink:

Joe, did you have on a green eye shade and sleeve garters when you ciphered all that out.

I get a mental image of a bean counter from the nineteenth century sitting in a wood wainscoting and tacky wallpapered office, cuspidor at his foot, ciphering while the telegraph is ticking in the background.

:unsure:

Hey, it is a slow day here. :blink:

You been lookin' in my window??? :lol:

The robot said estimated wait time 26 minutes, it's been 35 so far....

I hate the press one for english.. then chose and option.. 1 for service, 2 for no service 3 if you want to cancel service 4 if you want us to burn in he**.. lol.. But I put it on speaker, do something else until I get a real body on the other end.. lol

I just wait patiently. :rolleyes:

BUT

What I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY want to do is when they answer the line is say, "Please hold for the next available associate. Your call is important to us." and then start playing some Muzak in their ear.

Do you not realize, children, that this is the price of convenience?

In the good old days, you would have to stand in line and wait to be waited upon.

On your own two feet.

Instant Gratification is not really all it is cracked up to be. :lol:

I just wait patiently. :rolleyes:

BUT

What I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY want to do is when they answer the line is say, "Please hold for the next available associate. Your call is important to us." and then start playing some Muzak in their ear.

Oh my gosh ..that would be soooo much fine.. I might do it.. lol

Archived