SASS Wire Forum

TSA Pats Down 6 Year Old Girl

Big news story of the day ... if you haven't seen it already, you probably will.

Little girl getting frisked at the airport, even though you can tell she's scared and doesn't want it or like it.

Guess her parents didn't read this little book => http://boingboing.net/2010/11/11/tsas-new-book-for-ki.html

I saw the headline but didn't read the story. Those who seek rain terror down on us have no problems using children, women, or whatever to carry out their mission.

Or using them as drug mules. It's a nasty world we live in.

I watched the video several time today and frankly I fail to see what anybody is so worked up about. Like Grizz and U.B. said, there's a good reason to take the precautions that were used and the person doing the checking was gentle, thoughtful, and professional. There is a radio personality who does a commentary on one of those nationally syndicated radio shows who calls us the, "United States of the Offended". Given the climate of the world today I tend to agree, but I'd add that we tend to sometimes be offended for the wrong reasons.

I hope these folks aren't just trying to line their pockets or otherwise take advantage of a bad situation.

The Israelis have the system down to a science. They don't strip search their citizens while waving wearers of the Muslim garb through the lines and not even through metal detectors because they are afraid of being accused of profiling people.

As long as the TSA is going to grope me and make me take off half my clothes while ignoring the obvious Muslims who are the folks that terrorize, bomb and kill us I won't fly unless forced too by my employer. The good news is some great cruises leave from right here in So Cal so I can still have nice vacations.

Remind me again how many terrorists the TSA has caught?

The Israelis have the system down to a science. They don't strip search their citizens while waving wearers of the Muslim garb through the lines and not even through metal detectors because they are afraid of being accused of profiling people.

As long as the TSA is going to grope me and make me take off half my clothes while ignoring the obvious Muslims who are the folks that terrorize, bomb and kill us I won't fly unless forced too by my employer. The good news is some great cruises leave from right here in So Cal so I can still have nice vacations.

Remind me again how many terrorists the TSA has caught?

The Feds have used Israeli agents as consultants and trainer but the big difference is the mere volume of passengers in the US as opposed to tiny Israel. WE just couldn't afford to train screeners to the extent Israel does to handle all the airports ion this country.

I searched a lot of people in my career as a police officer. I never "groped" anyone.

Bob, I am sure that is the case because you are a common sense guy.

Plenty of searching can be done without the nonsense the TSA does. My wife and I were chaperons for our youngest son's high school theater group to London in 2007. The schools dance team went along as well. As over 100 people in the group waited our turn in line at LAX to be searched, a group of Muslims in full regalia were waived past all the check points, no searching, no waiting just right past all the BS us American citizens had to put up with. The theater teacher who is very clean cut and also happens to be a pastor at a local church was groped and stripped down to nothing but his slacks.

Very confidence inspiring, NOT!

I miss going to Europe and Costa Rica but not enough to be treated like a criminal while the Jihad loving folks get treated like royalty. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck....... well it's time to break out the orange sauce.

The Feds have used Israeli agents as consultants and trainer but the big difference is the mere volume of passengers in the US as opposed to tiny Israel. WE just couldn't afford to train screeners to the extent Israel does to handle all the airports ion this country.

I searched a lot of people in my career as a police officer. I never "groped" anyone.

Well, me being a bit of an outlaw and a renegade....would land me in jail. Cause no one is goin' handle my kids like that...someone is gonna have alot of regrets.

And I don't care who they think they are and what power they believe they have. That was just plum wrong!

I am totally against the intrusive screening processes. It goes against our American freedoms. I don't understand why we Americans are allowing a police state to develop at our airports that requires law enforcement officers to search and frisk citizens at random without probable cause. Security? Safety? We have been duped into believing this bovine scatology is necessary.

Ethan Cord asked:

"Remind me again how many terrorists the TSA has caught?"

Went to Canada recently for work, and the lady searching absolutely refused to grope me, although I repeatedly asked her to. Kept muttering something about an old fart.... :lol:

You're right in that the biggest problem is the airlines refuse to provide onboard security and the government doesn't want to pay to provide the training and salaries of Customs Inspectors, who are the only ones entitled to conduct warrantless searches. Border traffic moves only because the border agencies "profile". We aren't learning from the Israeli's, they learned from us. They just took it the extra step and applied it to their airports in the days when we could walk up to the ticket counter, buy a ticket, walk out to the airplane, board and be on our way.

Fourth Amendment - The Constitution of the United States of America

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Bob, I am sure that is the case because you are a common sense guy.

Plenty of searching can be done without the nonsense the TSA does. My wife and I were chaperons for our youngest son's high school theater group to London in 2007. The schools dance team went along as well. As over 100 people in the group waited our turn in line at LAX to be searched, a group of Muslims in full regalia were waived past all the check points, no searching, no waiting just right past all the BS us American citizens had to put up with. The theater teacher who is very clean cut and also happens to be a pastor at a local church was groped and stripped down to nothing but his slacks.

Very confidence inspiring, NOT!

I miss going to Europe and Costa Rica but not enough to be treated like a criminal while the Jihad loving folks get treated like royalty. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck....... well it's time to break out the orange sauce.

Makes one wonder if we haven't already lost the war to the jihadis? Which wouldn't be much of a surprise as we haven't won a war in my lifetime.

Makes one wonder if we haven't already lost the war to the jihadis? Which wouldn't be much of a surprise as we haven't won a war in my lifetime.

Well, we had a tie in '53. ;)

Well, we had a tie in '53. ;)

Unfortuneately that tie may have encouraged the homegrown Reds in their believe that they could hobble our military via Congress enough to lead to our defeat in 1975. To bad we don't have an Eisenhower to set things back on track. I didn't understand the "I Like Ike" buttons when I was a sprat. Now I do.

Unfortuneately that tie may have encouraged the homegrown Reds in their believe that they could hobble our military via Congress enough to lead to our defeat in 1975. To bad we don't have an Eisenhower to set things back on track. I didn't understand the "I Like Ike" buttons when I was a sprat. Now I do.

Note the "wink" in my post.

If I wanted to be serious I'd go over to the wire. :lol:

I flew recently, the TSA performed their job as expected. They sidelined me, took swabs from my carry on bag and my hands. Nothing there. They made me turn on the laptop, which had the battery discharged, so we had to find an outlet.. Whilst undergoing this unreasonable search, several folks, in traditional arab garb went through the line no Q's asked. Luicky for me, I asked how many terrorists they had caught today, they got down right snippy. Even called over the Police guard to make sure I didnt endanger the whole airport. The Officer told them to tell me how many terrorists they had caught. The look in their eyes.. Ohh Come Christmas that guy is getting a bottle of fine Scotch.

Its time to profile!

+1

It makes NO sense to let 18 - 50 year old males (especially ones who appear to be from the middle east) go through unsearched and pat down 6 year olds and grandmas. Political correctness :angry: Pure foolishness.

Archived