SASS Wire Forum

not cowboy but seldefense

It would bepend on what it is and what is with it. Gun Broker has the R9S NIB for 775.00 also has a R9S for over 1900.00.

A member of my MensDailyForum online counts the Rohrbaugh's as one of the finest pieces to have and since he is in "Private Protection" for a living, we tend to listen when he likes something.

There was a thread on them here sometime last year. AS I recall, everyone who owned one was more than pleased with their design, workmanship and reliability.

I have researched this pistol for some time now and recentlygot a chance to shoot one. I can say that the gun appears to be extremely wellmade, had a very good trigger pull from the factory, and was very controllableto shoot. The only issue that I had was that due to meaty hands I had someslide drag on the top of the web of my hand while shooting. Other than that Ireally enjoyed this firearm, it was heads and shoulders above my Kel Tec P3ATor my Ruger LCP.

-Deadlee

I can attest to Deadlee's research. He's been looking at these for awhile now and has really done his research on them, but I think even he is held back by the cost.

I love the look of the gun. I have not shot it so I can't give an opinion there but the issue I have is that it's only rated for standard 9mm, NO +p loads.

With the new .380 rounds from Cor-Bon (their 95gn) and Hornady (The Critical Defense) they're gettting very similar ballistic results as the 9mm.

At $250 bucks for the LCP to me it's kinda hard to justify the $1200 price tag, especially for a self defense belly gun. Your dollars may go farther than mine.

I do think it's a really cool gun though.

JEL

There was a thread on them here sometime last year. AS I recall, everyone who owned one was more than pleased with their design, workmanship and reliability.

I remember that thread, and the opinion by at least one of the owners that anyone who carried anything less than a Rohrbaugh didn't value their life or that of their loved one(s) enough. He rather harped on that, as I recall.

I've seen and handled one of these, and it was a beautiful piece of hardware. I'd love to own one, but at an average cost of $1000, I won't any time soon; with house payments, etc., it takes me around a year to save that kind of discretionary cash.

I can attest to Deadlee's research. He's been looking at these for awhile now and has really done his research on them, but I think even he is held back by the cost.

I love the look of the gun. I have not shot it so I can't give an opinion there but the issue I have is that it's only rated for standard 9mm, NO +p loads.

With the new .380 rounds from Cor-Bon (their 95gn) and Hornady (The Critical Defense) they're gettting very similar ballistic results as the 9mm.

At $250 bucks for the LCP to me it's kinda hard to justify the $1200 price tag, especially for a self defense belly gun. Your dollars may go farther than mine.

I do think it's a really cool gun though.

JEL

Now John, you cannot use the word justify and gun in the same sentence! :lol:

I've tried it with my wife.

There are cheaper guns out there that will do the job, and I carried them - for 30 years.

But

I kept searching for a better one all the time; one that was smaller in a more powerful package.

And I would switch.

And then -

I found the Holy Grail -

The ROHRBAUGH!

Love at first sight!

The smallest and lightest 9mm on the planet.

Buy it, you won't regret it.

But don't pay over a grand for it.

FWIW - there are a couple of new 9mm pocket pistols out there trying to get to where Rohrbaugh is , but they are not quite there. But are still good alternatives at a cheaper price.

The new Sig 290 - nice but has a chunky slide. Really small grip, but an extenden mag is on the way.

The new Kimber Solo - very nice, has lots of controls for those that must be in control.

Good Luck

You want a fine LITTLE gun you should see my Seecamp 380. :)

Yes the Seecamp makes the Smallest 380.

But it is NOT a 9mm.

However the Rohrbaugh is the same size as the Ruger LCP/Kel-Tec 3AT

Archived