SASS Wire Forum

Puma Westener SA 45 pistol

Willie Shootum

The boys over on the CAS City forum seem to be highly impressed. Lots of rave reviews.

From looking at vendor sites, it can be either had stock, or with the "factory tuned" option. Either way, it looks like a quality pistol at a good price.

I have one left in my stock ....it is a Nickel 357. it seems to be a quality pistol made by Pietta. A few months ago my distributor began selling them all at really low prices to sell what they had in stock...and then discontinued selling them.

they offered many varieties...Nickel, blue, casehardened..and some had factory action jobs....

dont know why they sold out....and dont know why they have never got anymore from the factory.

a few years ago my distributor was selling all of thier Taurus Gauchos at low clearance prices...I asked what was going on and they said that Ruger has such a great quality product and all the cowboy shooters would rather have Rugers than Gauchos...that Taurus quit making the Gaucho...I have sold a few of those and they are all still running great...maybe there is no spring kits or short stroke kits for the Gaucho unlike Ruger.

PS...my son and I shoot Rugers.

I just bought a new Puma Westerner SA 45LC pistol. It has a very smooth action. Do these guns come with action work from the factory? Any comments about this brand of pistol would be appreciated. Thanks,Willie Shootum

Thanks for your comments. How would I find the vendors sites? I might want to buy one to match the one I have. Willie

Archived