SASS Wire Forum

Another Dillon question...

Spent a few hours at the loading bench last night - ton o' fun and relaxing, as always - but by the end of the evening my right hand was feelin' it.

So I'm wonderin' about Dillon's "roller handle" option... opinions? Is it a worthwhile addition to the machine?

Thanks for sharin' experiences and observations...! ^_^

I have ended up with three round ball ones and one metal roller handle. Any one want to buy the round ball types?

Shenny

Okay...I'll bite.

For those of you that prefer the round aluminum handle, how does that one compare to the blue (whatever shape...triangle?) roller handle?

I've got the blue roller handle and love it but when I bought it, I don't think there was an option on roller handles. So...how is the round one better?

Charlie

I put the roller on one of my 550's for a few years, never really did like it, put the ball handle back on, am happy now. Must be the way I sit when I reload but the angle was never quite right for me.

I have an alum. roller handle on my 550. It needed to be lubed (was squeekin a bit). There is a snap ring inside of it that requires a really long tool for removal. I was not able to find a suitable tool, so sprayed it; messy but worked. Anyone know of a source for a suitable long-nosed snap ring tool so I can grease the handle??

Thankee fer the feedback, y'all! Looks as if "the Ayes have it~!" Reckon one will be on the way right shortly! ^_^

By the way - is it a tad longer than the stock "ball" handle...? 'Pears to be in the picture, but can't tell and just curious.

Archived