SASS Wire Forum

Cowboy plate rack

Royal Flush

I'm looking to buy a plate rack for our club and saw one from Custom Steel Targets, does anyone have one that can give me some feedback on how well it works.

Thanks, Royal Flush

I'm looking to buy a plate rack for our club and saw one from Custom Steel Targets, does anyone have one that can give me some feedback on how well it works.

Thanks, Royal Flush

It is A36 steel, which would turn me off. I would not go with less than AR400. Pay more and get something that will last a long time, such as the plate rack from MGM Targets. If you haven't done so, read about steel types here. It is very helpful.

Why not ask the company for a customer list so that you may get some real feed back. If they don't want to say who bought the product then that would send me down the road. I'm not talking about a piece of paper with just three names as that could be a few employees. I would want a list that had enough names to pick from. A good company would be happy to supply this information after checking with the customer first.

Quote from Custom Steel Targets: Cowboy plate rack this is five feet long plates are 10" x12" and made of 3/8 A36 steel as with all custom steel target plate racks.

Quote from Arntzen Targets: A36 is the standard construction steel. This is a low carbon steel without heat treat. The hardness is about 150-180 Brinell. A36 is not suitable for any type of target use. Not even shotgun.

I like the looks of the plate rack by Custom Steel Targets, but I would call them and ask if they couldn't make it for you in AR400. You never know until you ask.

Archived