SASS Wire Forum

Eezox, I'm now sold on it.

Wagon Box Willy

Howdy Pards,

Today, after a long cold winter I got out my pistols and shot about 175 BP (24gr GOEX 3F/CoW) rounds off in the back yard. The 1875 Remmies started giving me fits and I had to squirt them with Moose Milk at about 35 rounds each.

After the practice, I took the guns inside for a cleaning and I couldn't believe how quickly I was done. The barrels were rinsed in Moose Milk and water and then a light brass brush. The first patch though the barrels was slightly discolored, the second one was clean. I couldn't believe it as in the past I would have to patch and scrub the barrels a number of times before I could get to a clean patch.

I read some threads on Eezox claiming that it would make the gun easier to clean but I purchased it for it's rust prevention and not cleanup ability so I was pleasantly surprised.

As for rust prevention, my guns made it through the winter without any bluing damage. I reapplied the Ezzox once about a month ago.

After the cleaning because I used Moose Milk (Ballistol) I used a heavily wetted patch of Eezox to clean off any Ballistol residue and then applied a light coat which is drying as I type this.

So like I said I'm sold on Eezox both as a rust preventive and an aid to cleaning up my BP guns....I just wish it wasn't so expensive so I could use it instead of the Moose milk for cleanup.

-Willy

Willy, concur with you ... it's great stuff. Ya forgot to mention one additional item about Eezox. It's one hell of a lubricant too!

All my firearms get a dab in the moving innard parts, especially my rifles on the bolt rails. No lie, I can cock my '92 Rossi's with my little finger. Course they are slicked up also <_<

Might consider: putting Eezox on a shop rag anf keep it handy. Every time you grabbed a gun on the metal and before it goes back in the safe ... wipe it down with the shop rag. NADA in the rust department. I also carry an Eezox coated shop rag in my cart and range box

Eezox is to be applied with a light thin coat. Then it dries and provides the protection and lubrication. Don't slobber it on heavily

For the good of the order, here is the original long term (9 month) test that I did with Eezox

http://www.theopenrange.net/forum/index.php?topic=5457.0

and also the comparison test to Fluid Film ...

http://www.theopenrange.net/forum/index.php?topic=6291.0;highlight=eezox

John Boy,

I had read your tests in the fall when I decided to try Eezox on my guns.

I also applied it to one of my flat cast iron tabletops in my shop, my bandsaw, and it was rust free as well.

But really I was taken by surprise by the ease of cleaning.

But really I was taken by surprise by the ease of cleaning.

Willy, related to cleaning, if you have the dreaded ...'leading' in the bore, try this:

A bore brush coated with Eezox - 20 scrubs - tight patch. If really a bad case of Pb, put another patch coated with it through the bore - let it sit for about a 1/2 hour - bore brush - another patch

The only issue with Eezox is ... Trichloroethylene CAS NO: 79-016

http://www.eezox.info/msds.html Wear nitrile gloves when cleaning

We had a female shooter that shoots a original Colt lightning that is modified to 38 special. It was binding and causing all sorts of problems. I applied Eezox to the rifle and after the match she said that was the best her rifle has ever worked.I am telling my husband to buy some whether he wants to or not.

Willy, related to cleaning, if you have the dreaded ...'leading' in the bore, try this:

A bore brush coated with Eezox - 20 scrubs - tight patch. If really a bad case of Pb, put another patch coated with it through the bore - let it sit for about a 1/2 hour - bore brush - another patch

The only issue with Eezox is ... Trichloroethylene CAS NO: 79-016

http://www.eezox.info/msds.html Wear nitrile gloves when cleaning

I keep the window open with a fan on also, not great to breathe, but the stuff works so great I'll put up with it....doc

I had read about Eezox before and I ordered a can after reading this post, but I now have 2 questions.

Will the Eezox be adequate lubricant for the slide rails of my 1911 or bolt guides on my 1897 & 1892 or will aditional lube be needed there?

Is the Eezox compatible with real Black Powder? I think it is but want to be sure.

Clemsum

I had read about Eezox before and I ordered a can after reading this post, but I now have 2 questions.

Will the Eezox be adequate lubricant for the slide rails of my 1911 or bolt guides on my 1897 & 1892 or will aditional lube be needed there?

Is the Eezox compatible with real Black Powder? I think it is but want to be sure.

Clemsum

I can only comment on the real Black Powder. That's what i use and the answer is yes, it's compatible

Archived