SASS Wire Forum

Anyone use ESS optics shooting glasses

crooked jake,4371

A couple of shooting buddies have them and swear by them. I received a catalog from them and will order a set. All models can be used with prescription inserts, if required.

Thanks Tex

Some of the reviews on their site from Military people are pretty awesome .......but thats on their site ......always good to get from other sources

When I was deployed I started with a pair of Oakleys issued to me. Like a lot of others in my unit, I experienced delamination of the lenses. Supply next issued me a set of the ESS glasses. No problems with them, other than after constant switching of lenses from clear to dark, the frames eventually showed a bit of wear. I would think that should be expected though. I never lost a lens, or felt that I was going to lose one. They just didn't have the same "snap" or feel quite so secure. If I were to choose between the two, I would go ESS. Hope that helps.

When I was deployed I started with a pair of Oakleys issued to me. Like a lot of others in my unit, I experienced delamination of the lenses. Supply next issued me a set of the ESS glasses. No problems with them, other than after constant switching of lenses from clear to dark, the frames eventually showed a bit of wear. I would think that should be expected though. I never lost a lens, or felt that I was going to lose one. They just didn't have the same "snap" or feel quite so secure. If I were to choose between the two, I would go ESS. Hope that helps.

Most def. helps ......and thanks fer yer service Doc!!!!!

Yep, been using ESS Ice glasses, with corrective inserts, for about 4 years. Like them enough that when some low life lifted my glasses in Williams, Az, I promptly ordered exactly the same again. Tough, light weight, pretty reasonable price. Quick service from them, too.

Good luck, GJ

I recently switched to Rudy Project glasses. I find the clarity of the lenses to be superb. The lenses are actually made from the same material as the apache helicopter windshield. There was a video of them being shot with a 22 and it did not leave a scratch. They carry a lifetime warranty against scratching. I have the rx insert and it is fantastic too.

I had asked a question a few weeks back about glasses. After trying many brands on, especially for prescription lenses, I chose Wiley X PT3. You might want to take a look at those also. I purchased them from, of all places, Zappos. It might be another choice for you to consider.

Archived