SASS Wire Forum

Marlin Rifle parts

Dantankerous

I am looking for an extra ejector for my 45 Colt Marlin 1894 CB. I am not having problems with it now, but the part looks like it would be the first part to break and leave me stranded.

Midway USA sells an aftermarket piece that looks stronger than the stock part, plus the stock part is on backorder. Have any of you used the Wild west Guns ejector found here? Is it an easy drop in replacement or is any kind of fitting needed? The reviews on theie website are mixed.

Thanks for any help.

Get the Wild West part. You won't be sorry.

Oh....

And buy a spare from factory one from Brownell's. Put the spare in you gun cart.

I've found that the extractor spring will break sooner than the ejector. If you do get a new ejector, make sure it is not an EXTRA DUTY,etc if you are going to use the rifle for cowboy shooting. The heavy duty spring just adds extra tension to the bolt, slowing you down. If you are going to hunt polar bear, etc, use the heavy duty spring. Personnally I would use a RPG, mini gun, or a Barrett 50cal instead of a rifle for polar bear.

When I was shooting Marlins regularly, I always had a spare extractor, extractor spring, ejector and ejector spring in my tool kit.

I also had extra set of screws in case I lost one.

Brownell's carries all of them.

Roo

Here's the description from the Brownell's website, "EDM-cut, one-piece ejector gives positive, reliable ejection with the heaviest hunting loads. Replaces the lighter, and easily broken, two-piece, factory part. Prevents broken parts from jamming action. Improves ejection, ensures empties are thrown clear of the receiver. A real life saver when hunting dangerous game in adverse conditions. For all Marlin 336, 1895 and .444 rifles. Drop-in fit; gunsmith installation is recommended." Part of tuning a Marlin is to tune the ejector spring as that spring causes the ejector to drag on the side of the bolt and you can feel the extra effort of a stiff spring while levering. SInce there seems to be differing opinions on the EDM'd ejector (for CAS use) and it is not that expensive. Buy one, try it, and provide a service to your wire pards by providing a report on the results.

...SInce there seems to be differing opinions on the EDM'd ejector (for CAS use) and it is not that expensive. Buy one, try it, and provide a service to your wire pards by providing a report on the results.

A fine idea, Sir. And as Brownells and Midway are out of stock on the stock part, that is what I am left to do. The review of said part I will be happy to provide.

:D

Thanks all for the help.

I do believe I will also take the sage advise offered and maintain a small bag of parts. Having a gun go South on ya during a match would surely leave me grumpy. LOL

Archived