SASS Wire Forum

If politics not allowed on wire why in the CC ?

Guest Tennessee Stud, SASS# 43634 Life

The topic is self explaining, or is this for progressives only. :ph34r:

Cause you can read the CC... and call the writer of some pol-post a dumba$$... and nobody else know 'bout it.

Do it 'round chere... and everbody and his Momma knows 'bout it.

ts

Perhaps because we aren't capable of behaving like polite adults on inflammatory subjects.

The topic is self explaining, or is this for progressives only. :ph34r:

Well, I'm thinking it's because of the dynamics of the medium:

Here, we're talking back and forth, and the issues can get hot, which damages comaraderie.

The CC is mostly unidirectional. You pick it up and read it. Some may write in, but there's a delay, and it's not really a conversation back and forth. So the flaming is dampened.

but I'm just guessing.

Aunt Jen

They are not Interested in YOUR politics, they are only interested in THEIR politics. Jess Knotwright

Just like...I'm not interested in YOUR retirement plan but I interested in MY retriement plan?

I opened this post expecting to see a fireworks show and dang if this ain't a civil discussion.

Well you are a low down, yellow belly, long hair, pink-o commie Yankee! :D can be posted here and tempers could fly.

If'n I said that after reading the CC the only repercussion would me that look the wife's cats would give me. Come to think about they give me that look no matter what I say.

Well you are a low down, yellow belly, long hair, pink-o commie Yankee! :D can be posted here and tempers could fly.

If'n I said that after reading the CC the only repercussion would me that look the wife's cats would give me. Come to think about they give me that look no matter what I say.

There's no such thing as a "low down, yellow belly, long hair, pink-o commie Yankee" maybe a "low down, yellow belly, long hair, pink-o commie" but no real Yankee would put up with such a thing. :D

Read Tex's article from last month - I am glad the CC address' issues that face our country. Col Dan is spot on in his articles and we need to wise up. Why not here you say? That has been tried from what I understand - It was called 'The Fire'. Unfortunately folks tend to get pissy in discussions and friendships were lost and threats were made - from what I understand. Also - this is the Wild Bunch's playground - and they can play how they please...

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Fer one thing, the CC is sent to SASS members only, not stuck out there fer anyone to see like the net is.

Another reason, for what it's worth, is that Col. Dan used to write letters to the editor. Those letters brought a very possitive responce from SASS members. Everyone used to flood SASS HQ with how much they agreed with Col. Dan.

As with any good newpaper, the CC responded to it's readers and offered Col. Dan a spot in it's paper. They knew what the readers wanted to read.

Fer one thing, the CC is sent to SASS members only, not stuck out there fer anyone to see like the net is.

Another reason, for what it's worth, is that Col. Dan used to write letters to the editor. Those letters brought a very possitive responce from SASS members. Everyone used to flood SASS HQ with how much they agreed with Col. Dan.

As with any good newpaper, the CC responded to it's readers and offered Col. Dan a spot in it's paper. They knew what the readers wanted to read.

Good point Tex, never thought of it that way, I guess that's why they can post load data there and not on the Wire...............Mink........

If you ever read the old Political Fire you would understand.

Precisely! The Politcal Fire got very heated and there was some nasty discourse (not "conversations" by any means)there. It led to a lot of hard feelings and presented an unfavorable image to the web-surfing public. Not the same as with a monthly newspaper.

I'm kind of glad it isn't. Deep seated tenets concerning politics or religion often breed heated disagreements amoung otherwise agreeable folks.

Sun

+1

I don't know guys/gals, I've stepped on a LOT of toes on this Wire and had to eat a lot of humble pie in my short time here without talking a lick of politics. That may just be me though. Smithy.

Coffee Party Whigs Rule! :lol:

Archived