SASS Wire Forum

.45 Brass?

So... where's all the .45 Colt brass gone?? :huh:

Set out to order some from Midway this mornin', and nothin' left but blanks! Did get an order in with Graf, who were down to 500 pieces of Remington stuff.

Starline hasn't been available for quite some time. I last looked for it several weeks ago, and at that time Midway had an "expected" availability date of some time in late March, but it ain't happened.

A right sad state of affairs... :(

I have my order in with Starline for a couple weeks - they said it would be about mid-april to ship. I am good with brass anyway...but like to get new stuff here and there.

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Look at the price of CU (copper) on Comex,, that will give you an Idea... Everybody wanted Change, well we got it.... :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Copper is now aw precious metal, and it is in your brass cases...

If you have an indoor range close check with them.

I just bought 360 from the local indoor range.

If you have an indoor range close check with them.

I just bought 360 from the local indoor range.

45 Colt or ACP?

I bought lifetime suppies of .44-40 .45 Colt & .45-70 as well as 5 in 1 back when they were available and the prices were Ok . . just seemed Ok back then . . . seem cheap now looking back a while :)

Why didn't you all thunk to do the same ? ;)

Anthing with copper in it is EXPENSIVE.

Lost the water pump on my truck going up a grade last month, . . . pump guarenteed by Auto Zone so the pump cost nothing. . . . had to make the top of the grade with the pump wildly whuriling around . . . fan tore up the back of the radiator, . . :blink: Re-core the radiator ? $ 510.00 :wacko: The core alone was $ 285 due to the cost of copper.

Try here.

http://www.sinclairintl.com/.aspx/cid=5801/k=/t=S/mfg=/Cartridge_1062=45+Colt/Products/Pistol-Brass

This outfit used to make Top Brass. I bought quite a bit of it a few years ago, no problem except for one .45 LC case that had no flash hole, broke my decapper.

Guess they don't make their own anymore, but looks like they have it in stock.

JHC

I have my order in with Starline for a couple weeks - they said it would be about mid-april to ship. I am good with brass anyway...but like to get new stuff here and there.

Exact same thing here. I ordered 500 .45 and 500 .38 to make up for losses and the occasional split case.

U. B.

It was .45 Colt.

I can't believe folks would discard that but it takes all kinds I reckon. I guess the economic downturn hasn't impacted everybody. :lol:

I pick up once fired brass all the time at the range. Last week I found a full box of Remingon 38 special brass, neatly placed back into the tray, then into the box, and dropped in the trash. About all I don't find are 45 colt, 44-40, 38-40 or the BP cartridge calibers.

Some days it's down right profetable. :D

Was at a gun store picking up .45 Colt rounds today, planning for tomorrow. Looked over at reloading equipment because everyone keeps telling me I should start. Saw bags of Winchester .45 Colt brass there.

Was at a gun store picking up .45 Colt rounds today, planning for tomorrow. Looked over at reloading equipment because everyone keeps telling me I should start. Saw bags of Winchester .45 Colt brass there.

You should..

Oh, it is definitely "when", not "if." I've already mentioned it to Mrs. Doc and she seemed OK with it. Guess it helps that her dad reloaded shotgun shells for trap for years without blowing anything up. I just got the Lee reloading catalog. Really liking the thought of a turret press. Just a matter of finding the space, really. Garage and basement are both pretty much close to capacity. I keep talking about a shed or out building for some of our stuff, so that may need to happen first. That and pick up a couple of manuals to read. Thinking about the Lee and Lyman's. I also have had a pard offer to give me some pointers, and think that is probably a very good idea.

Did ya buy a supply while you had the chance ?

Did ya buy a supply while you had the chance ?

After buying what I needed, I was short on funds. In retrospect, I probably should have pulled out a credit card.

Wal... Hal and Doc, I reckon y'all had danged good timing!

I've peeked at Midway for a while, and even signed in for email notification when Starline would be available - never a notice. Shoulda back-ordered it! :rolleyes:

I guess I should count myself lucky...Back when you but it on Ebay, I picked up much...Like a bunch, it was even cheap then...I was not thinking then of 44-40...I don't have as much of that...Now I'm looking for 45-90, just a little harder to find...

Texas Lizard

So... where's all the .45 Colt brass gone?? :huh:

Set out to order some from Midway this mornin', and nothin' left but blanks! Did get an order in with Graf, who were down to 500 pieces of Remington stuff.

Starline hasn't been available for quite some time. I last looked for it several weeks ago, and at that time Midway had an "expected" availability date of some time in late March, but it ain't happened.

A right sad state of affairs... :(

Do you need 45 Brass.. lol.. ahhhh email JJJ's ... jittery jim.. my pal..

Archived