SASS Wire Forum

Dallas Market Hall gun show April 9-10

Cimarron Johnson  #69842

In response to a recent thread I posted about where I might find a Uberti (or Cimarron or Taylor) 1873 rifle, one person suggested that I check out the Dallas Gun Show. It has been several years since I have been to that show, but I have always been disappointed in the small number of Cowboy guns at the Fort Worth gun shows.

For those of you who have attended recently: does the Dallas show usually have a decent offering of Cowboy guns? (Since that is the only reason I am thinking of going, I am trying to figure out if it is worth drivng an hour each way; if there is a good possiblity of finding something, I'll chance it).

Any information would be appreciated.

C.J.

C.J.

I've been going to the Market Hall shows for about 12 years. I used to find tons of good deals. I've been pretty dissappointed for the past 5 years or so. The past few years have been mostly SWAT type guns. Prices aren't that great either. Not alot of CAS guns and when you do find them, they are at retail price or higher. One thing I've noticed too: lots of "junk" dealers there recently (T-shirts, beads, stuffed animal, etc...) Reasonably priced antique guns are almost non-existant there.

I still go to support the Dallas Arm Collectors, but I rarely find good buys anymore.

If you are looking for a '73, give this shop a call: http://www.3bshootingsupply.com/

They're down in Kaufman, and I know he has a few '73 Cimmarons in stock at a good price.

Pancho

Pancho,

Thank you for the reply. That is what I was afraid of, SWAT guns, not Cowboy guns. I lke tactical type guns, but that is not what I'm looking for right now. And thank you for your suggestion. I actually contacted 3B Shooting Supplies last week, and since they don't have what I'm looking for right now (and Cimarron is apparently out of stock at the present), 3B gave me some interesting leads to check out; but so far those leads have not led to a rifle for me.

C.J.

Archived