SASS Wire Forum

Has this ever happen to you ?

:FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm:

No

Your on the stage and your gun needs a SCERW tighten ,does any body have a screwdriver ???

yelp ,my 73 hammer spring needed tightened ,had to recock 10 times

send me a PM

Real good habit to get into at the loading table is to make sure all them screws is tight. Saves a lot of time and aggrivation on the firing line. ;)

does any body have a screwdriver ???

Yes.

Had the screws that hold the latch that hold the fore end on my SxS work loose, went to close the shotgun during a stage and the dang thing just fell apart on me.

Other than that my only loose screws are in my head.

Screwdriver??

That's why them folks (sometimes in the Chronicle) sell them there handy little screwdrivers that are set in a bullet brass casing.. then ya kin store it in a bullet loop on yer rig.. always handy thataway.. :rolleyes:

Rance <_<

Thinkin' probably oughta have me one too.. :blush:

BJT,

Actually did have an ejector housing launch in practice once. Surprised hell out of me. Pistol still shot fine , so i finished the string and then went cold range to go pick up the pieces. Never did find the screw, had to call VTI. I guess I'm completely screw loose.

T-Bone and the Dooley Gang that teach shoothig classes with him PREACH the virtues of keeping a screwdriver on yer belt somewhere for several different reasons. It's proven useful on more than one occasion.

Charlie

Howdy

Yup, I've had a few screws come loose now and again. I keep three different sized screwdrivers in my gun cart to take care of just about any sized screw. Of course, if it happened while on a stage I would have to just do the best I could. I do not believe you could get a good enough grip on one of those screwdrivers stuck in an empty case to tighten down the mainspring screw on a '73. You will need something with a bigger handle.

I do not believe you could get a good enough grip on one of those screwdrivers stuck in an empty case to tighten down the mainspring screw on a '73. You will need something with a bigger handle.

+1

After reading this thread, I decided that it would be a good idea to have a screwdriver on my belt. I grabbed a spent .308 case and pressed a screwdriver head into it. Put it into a cartridge loop on my belt and admired my work. Then I tried the screwdriver on the hammer spring, lever spring, and lifter spring screws of my '73. It isn't going to happen unless the screws are very loose or unless you have the finger strength of the Uberti gorilla that assembles the 73's.

I'm just going to mark the positions of the screws by drawing a line across them with nail polish and keep a screwdriver set in my range bag.

Guest Winchester Jack, SASS #70195

A screw loose, me?

I am one thread short of an ejector housing launch!

been there, done that, finished the stage and the brass picker found all of the parts so I could reasemble my Vaquero

Howdy

Yup, I've had a few screws come loose now and again. I keep three different sized screwdrivers in my gun cart to take care of just about any sized screw. Of course, if it happened while on a stage I would have to just do the best I could. I do not believe you could get a good enough grip on one of those screwdrivers stuck in an empty case to tighten down the mainspring screw on a '73. You will need something with a bigger handle.

You may not be able to cinch it down totally with one of those cute little critters, but I think you'll find that you can get it tight enough to finish the stage and get to the real screwdriver in your gun cart...

Can't hurt to have one on yer belt...

Archived