SASS Wire Forum

Did yall see,

Slowhand Bob, 24229

I can not believe no one has mentioned seeing the new .22rf converters that Kirst has in the new Chronical. Really neat idea for the shooters of the '58 Remington and a chance for some really cheap practice with your favorite piece. Hmmmm, now if he had just thought to make the ring ported and long enuff to allow loading CB short caps without pulling the cylinder every time.

I can not believe no one has mentioned seeing the new .22rf converters that Kirst has in the new Chronical. Really neat idea for the shooters of the '58 Remington and a chance for some really cheap practice with your favorite piece. Hmmmm, now if he had just thought to make the ring ported and long enuff to allow loading CB short caps without pulling the cylinder every time.

Hummm. 22 bullet bouncing down a 45 barrel? I wonder how accurate they might be.

Hummm. 22 bullet bouncing down a 45 barrel? I wonder how accurate they might be.

It has a barrel insert, made possible because the .22 cylinder is cut only about 1/2 the lengtht of the frame window, so there is room for the barrel and an extension to be placed in the '58 barrel. Probably pretty accurate.

Might want to at least look at the picture in the Chronicle ad before dismissing it. ^_^

Good luck, GJ

I got my Kirst .22 Remington conversion last Tuesday.

It looks very well made, and fit perfectly in my Piettas.

Hopefully I'll get a range report in the next few days.

Archived