SASS Wire Forum

Need a Part for H&R T.B. pocket pistol

Does any one know where I can get a Lever & Spring (or some call it a cyl.hand) for a H&R top break pocket pistol pre 1900's, the spring broke so thats all I need but I will take them as a pair if I have to? Wolf doesn't make it and Gun Parts Corp.(Numrich) doesn't have it! Thanks Von Dutch

There were hundreds of different models of el cheapo top break revolvers made. No one makes parts for them. The only way to get parts is for someone to scrap an existing gun and then for you to get lucky enough to find the part for the model you have. If all you need is a hand spring any semi-talented gun smith should be able to make one. Any good smith should have spring stock. Maybe you can find a smith that will sell or even give you a little piece. Heck, a lot of home tinkers make them out of bobby pins. Your chances of finding one are low, so your best/only bet is to make one.

Some parts are being made and they are sold by Numrich but they stop making the flat spring design and changed to the round spring for the lever, I wanted to see if anyone had a used part before a alteration was done. Well I went ahead and did it today and it works great just a Pain to do!!!!!!

Archived