SASS Wire Forum

Chronicle Story

Guest Gunnin Gambler

Guest Gunnin Gambler

I have been reading the last 2 or 3 issues of the Chronicle while I am waiting to get my guns together.

This month there is a story about Eldorado in the Chronicle. I didn't even know this club existed. When I asked the shooters at my club about the club, I was told that it was a "for profit" club.

Is there a difference?

I have been reading the last 2 or 3 issues of the Chronicle while I am waiting to get my guns together.

This month there is a story about Eldorado in the Chronicle. I didn't even know this club existed. When I asked the shooters at my club about the club, I was told that it was a "for profit" club.

Is there a difference?

Which issue, and where are you? I don't now of any "for profit" clubs, but that being said any club has to make enough to keep going and have a cushion for "stuff."

As the Vice President for Eldorado - I will take a shot at the answer.

Some clubs are set up as "Non Profits" and some are set up as corporations that just end up being non profit.

The clubs that are dedicated non profits are set up so if they were to make any profit for the year, they would give it away to charity or an appropriate group.

Other clubs are not chartered that way - IF (and that is a big IF) they have made profit at the end of the year, they pay taxes and move into the next year.

I would have to ask the treasurer to be sure, but I believe Eldorado made something like $ 80 profit last year.

Our funds are collected all year to buy new targets, props and to make up for running the State Championship at a loss.

It doesn't change our match design or our plans to put on the finest shoots in Nevada. It is simply an accounting difference.

Guest Gunnin Gambler

Which issue, and where are you? I don't now of any "for profit" clubs, but that being said any club has to make enough to keep going and have a cushion for "stuff."

It was the April issue.

Archived