SASS Wire Forum

How high is your club?

The M Lazy C Ranch, where the Colorado Cowboys shoot, is at 8,500' in the Colorado Rockies. Any clubs higher (ALTITUDE) than that?

Just wonderin',

eGG

The M Lazy C Ranch, where the Colorado Cowboys shoot, is at 8,500' in the Colorado Rockies. Any clubs higher (ALTITUDE) than that?

Just wonderin',

eGG

No, but we may one of the lowest at about 50'.

Fillmore

One of the clubs I shoot at is in Boulder, just breathing the air blowing from town might make us high.

El gato, do you have oxygen at each stage for the flat landers?

:FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm:

About 1200', I recollect.

MG

Last Chance Handgunners at High Ore, about 5040'

Sun River Rangers near Simms, about 3760'

Gallatin Valley Regulators at Logan, about 4170'

Honorable Road Agents Shooting Society at Ennis, about 5000'

Hellgate Vigilantes at Missoula, about 3360'

J Bar's private range at his house, about 4270'

The Maui Marshals on Maui in Hawaii are like Clearwater, Florida at 10 feet or so. On the Big Island of Hawaii, we shoot ar 4,200 feet.

Whiskey Row Gunslinger's home range is Prescott Action Shooters @ 5,265. http://www.prescottactionshooters.org/info.php

TB

One of the clubs I shoot at is in Boulder, just breathing the air blowing from town might make us high.

Heck no! We preserve every advantage we can!

Hope to see you next week....

eGG

RR Bar: Lucerne Valley, CA.: 'bout 3,100 ft. I'll check it with the GPS this weekend. Elevation at the beer fridge okay?

Griz,

That's the breeze from Golden where they make "Colorado Kool-Aid". But it's brewed with "pure Rocky Mountain" waters.

Haven't been back in nigh on to 46 years, but when I was in Peoria, Illinois, if the wind was blowing one way you could get drunk (Hiram Walker) and if it shifted you nearly gagged on the efluent from the stock yards! :o In them days, the NIT was the basketball tournament. And Bradley won...1963, I think.

Right now, I live a Mile High, but my club is about 6200 ft MSL.

Ride easy, but stay alert! Godspeed to those still in harm's way in the defense of Freedom everywhere! God Bless America! :FlagAm:

Griz,

That's the breeze from Golden where they make "Colorado Kool-Aid". But it's brewed with "pure Rocky Mountain" waters.

Haven't been back in nigh on to 46 years, but when I was in Peoria, Illinois, if the wind was blowing one way you could get drunk (Hiram Walker) and if it shifted you nearly gagged on the efluent from the stock yards! :o In them days, the NIT was the basketball tournament. And Bradley won...1963, I think.

Right now, I live a Mile High, but my club is about 6200 ft MSL.

Ride easy, but stay alert! Godspeed to those still in harm's way in the defense of Freedom everywhere! God Bless America! :FlagAm:

:FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm:

Gordo:

We have shot at the Gypsum, CO SASS club before. They may be close to yours in height above MSL. :mellow:

But I'd have to check a topo map. Last time we were there, I never checked the altimeter.

Great outfit, though. Old Squinteye and the Battle Mountain folks put on a great match with loads of action targets and realistic props.

MG

EDIT!!! I just checked the Gypsum map and I reckon that their range is about 6400' MSL or maybe a tad higher. We have elk hunted in that area and it is way "up there".

Tough to call anything "high" on the Llano Estacado.

Flat as a table top the, mesa extends from below Midland (2839) in the south, through Lubbock (the Hub, 3250) to Amarillo (3605) on the northern extent. All three cities are within a rifle shot of the 102nd meridian. East to west from the 101st meridian to the 104th, the area covers 32,000 square miles. I count 11 10 clubs in Texas and New Mexico on or near this geologic feature. Lots-o-shootin' on the mesa!

Olen

The Pine Barren range is about 50'. I live at about 15'. I doubt I could breathe where some of you are. I haven't been over 1000' in years. I flew in a couple small planes a few years back and still don't think I was above 3000'.

Haven't heard from the Western Slope (Colorado) clubs. Makes me hesitate to declare the Colorado Cowboys the highest club in the country. :P

buena suerte,

eGG

Archived