SASS Wire Forum

Now I've done it. . . .

Was working on my Stoeger Coach Gun last night and had a part go flying somewhere . . . now I can't find it. Rats. It's the little part that goes between the lever and the spring that fits into a hole in the receiver. It's a little round thing that fits in the end of the spring. I'd like to get a new one, since I've given up hope of finding the original. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find an exploded diagram anywhere, nor can I find anyone (online, anyway) that has any for sale.

Can anyone help me?

To Identify the part, it is known as the Top Lever Spring Guide. If you find a Exploded Diagram you can identify it. The Coach Gun action is the same as a Stoeger Uplander. Code is AC-12.30.60 .

RBK

Well, on my way home tomorrow I'm going to pick up one of the big magnets and drag it around the garage a bit and see if I can find that piece. If not, I guess I'll find a nail and make my own, as suggested by I.M. Crossdraw. I started to go in that direction the other night, but ran out of time. Have to finish it up by Saturday so I can shoot at Sandusky County. Otherwise, I just get out the TTN, or perhaps the short-barrelled Crescent, or maybe the long-barrel Crescent. . . . .

If you got an old radio speaker laying around, they have a strong magnet in them. Always kept one on a wire handy when working on inboard boats. Great for getting down under things in the bilge which is where dropped parts always go.

Good luck

McKenzie

yep, a magnet is the trick, ask Duke about taking his marlin two years ago at the indeeana BP shoot....yu may remember, u wuz thar tu. Good thing I had my magnet with me.

Good luck!

yu otta go to the Ind BP shoot, the 13-14 of may. Only $50, oh yea u bin thar....

cheyenne

Well, you can all sleep soundly tonight --- I found the part. I stopped at Lowe's and picked up a big bar magnet on a stick --- ound that dang little part in about 10 minutes -- about 10 feet away underneath my car.

I'm putting that magnet in my camper for future use at matches . . . . .you just never know.

See you folks on Saturday at Sandusky County!

Well, you can all sleep soundly tonight --- I found the part. I stopped at Lowe's and picked up a big bar magnet on a stick --- ound that dang little part in about 10 minutes -- about 10 feet away underneath my car.

I'm putting that magnet in my camper for future use at matches . . . . .you just never know.

See you folks on Saturday at Sandusky County!

Hurrah! for Woody. Glad you found it. BTW, better make that nail, just in case that little thingy comes flying out of there again. Hope not, but just in case. But if you do need to take it apart again, place a rag around the frame before you pull out the lever this way it won't be flying guzzillion feet way from you. :)

I.M. Crossdraw

Archived