SASS Wire Forum

Making Guest Happy?

Marshal Dan Troop 70448

IMO the attendance isn't dropping off you just have the same amount of shooter's and 10 times as many clubs. Also if a club needs to be told how to treat folks right that could be a reason they don't get to many shooters to.

I had the pleasure of shooting with the Mountain Valley Vigilantes in Hot Springs, Arkansas yesterday when they set a new record for attendance at a regular monthly match, just a few shy of 100. We had 6 posses on 6 stages. Interestingly, this range has smallish targets pretty well out there, and movement at each stage. I did not hear any complaints and folks seemed to be enjoying themselves. Go figure...

Cowboys come and Cowboys go - such is the way of the Cowboys. The issue to me is not who or how many show up to shoot, but how many show up to set steel and break down the match. This is much better reflection of the health of a club. WW

Cowboys come and Cowboys go - such is the way of the Cowboys. The issue to me is not who or how many show up to shoot, but how many show up to set steel and break down the match. This is much better reflection of the health of a club. WW

Will say Willy, you are one of the hardest workers, many times you have the stages set up by yourself. MT

At the Rockford Regulators last Saturday we had three brand new shooters and another on watching thats been hanging out for a couple of months. Our numbers are steady, but the reason we don't get 60-70 shooters a match is because there are literally twice the clubs that there was a few years ago. Folks will drive a shorter distance even if they are shooting less of a match. There are a few clubs here that only average about 12-18 shooters, and that is mostly due to location and CAS population. The good news is we have about ten club members at Rockford Regulators that are really willing to get some work done and it makes proucing a match much easier.

I'll drive 35 miles to shoot rather than shoot at the range that is only 12 miles away, due to a friendlier club and a better run match. Sad, but true.

LL'

:FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm:

Our club is limited to around 800 total members (if'n I recollect rightly). And there is a waiting list.

But that includes guys who want to shoot NRA high power, silhouette, trap, skeet, clays, .22 rifle games, IPSC, SASS, etc, etc. The club has a lot of different ranges on site.

Our ATTENDANCE is growing, though. So we must be doing something right.

And I have a new couple who is coming to watch/try the SASS shoot this Sunday.

Mustang Gregg

TG, ENGC & HPR

Archived