SASS Wire Forum

.38 short Colt casings

Would like to buy 100 .38 short Colt casings, F 2 F in Southern AZ.

Don't want to buy in quanity until I try a short run of them. . .

I will be at Tombstone Ghost Riders and Las Vaqueros matches here in

Tombstone the next 2 weekends.

Hells Comin', can you spare 100 casings? :):lol::D:rolleyes:

Blaze

blazeandcharmin@powerc.net

Dern, i just gave away a box of 38 short colt, unfired, 50 rounds.

Try GADs Custom Cartridges Reloading www.gadcustomcartridges.com/

If I remember correctly the 38 s&sw and 38 colt short are about identical. Cases almost same length and width and shot a similiar load. I have read but can't verify that the 38 short colt can be made by cutting 38 special cases down. I would go cautiously on that. If the 38 S&W and 38 Short colt are identical the 38 special is slightly smaller in diameter.

Just recenlty someone posted 38 short colt is the darling of the ICORE shooters. I have no info on ICORE but a search ought to find something. Maybe they can advise.

Whatcha shooting it through? The reloading will also vary depending on age of the firearm. I would hesitate to use even an ultra light Smokeless load in a Black Powder era firearm.

Are you still needing the 38 short brass? I have two plastic baggies of this caliber brass, whick I think is about 200 cases. I bought this a while ago by mistake and don't have any use for it. Send me a PM if interested.

CS

Would like to buy 100 .38 short Colt casings, F 2 F in Southern AZ.

Don't want to buy in quanity until I try a short run of them. . .

I will be at Tombstone Ghost Riders and Las Vaqueros matches here in

Tombstone the next 2 weekends.

Hells Comin', can you spare 100 casings? :):lol::D:rolleyes:

Blaze

blazeandcharmin@powerc.net

If I remember correctly the 38 s&sw and 38 colt short are about identical. The .38 S&W is larger in diameter and they are not interchangable. I have read but can't verify that the 38 short colt can be made by cutting 38 special cases down. This statement is correct, the .38 Special is a lengthend version of the .38 Short Colt.

Archived