SASS Wire Forum

USFA does it again........not

Deadeye Don

I like my judge.

I like my SAA's.

I'm not so sure I like a single action judge.

Reminds me of the 'you put your chocolate in my peanut butter' commercials.

They obviously were thinking, OMG, Taurus is eating our lunch. Let's belly up to the bar before the market is saturated.

Good luck with THAT one folks. Not all that many outside of a few of us CAS shooter want to carry a Single Action as a car defense gun. IMHO.

GJ

Oh, slapping forehead, and checking calendar! :lol::blush:

Like all of their new designs it should be out in 2-3 years, i.e. Double Eagle, Woodsman etc. etc. etc.

I believe that they have too much time on their hands after the dramatic prices increases on their products earlier this year. I shouldn't complain. I have read several times that a regular Colt SAA or Win 1873 would have cost a cowhand a whole month of wages back in the day. Modern manufacturing allows us to buy our shooting irons for far less.

Guest Texas Jack Black

Their sales have been slowing and prices going up. They are now grasping for anything to stay alive. Unlike Colt and S&W they have no brand to carry them IMHO

T J B

My thoughts about USFA have always been similar. Colts are Colts. Ubertis and Piettas aren't Colts, but they're a good value for the price. With the USFA you're paying a similar price for similar quality, but you're not getting the brand name or long-term investment. They made a lot more sense a decade ago when Colt was turning out expensive garbage and struggling to get their ducks all in a row, but now I think they'd better re-think their market strategy if they want to stay in the game. Unfortunately I don't think a single-action Judge is it. They'd be better off revamping their 1911 "replica" into something that actually looks like a 1911, and making an inexpensive Parkerized GI version for Wild Bunch matches and history buffs.

It may float somebody's boat, but not mine...

Archived