SASS Wire Forum

Engine Light Saga.. lol

Deja Vous

My engine light came on. And yeah I searched the internet and came up with the gas cap. So I messed with it even tried a plastic bag to see if it was a leak... nothing. So, I needed to take it in, and someone said that Pepboys or Auto Zone do them for free.. so i called and that was three years ago..lol... So, Pepboys it was, for 89.99. I am thinking maybe they did something when they changed my oil, or a fuel filter, my car only has 59,000 miles on it. Turn out it is a "charcoal fitler and the little pump thinger" for emissions. He asks me if I have been driving on rough roads.. well, uh.. all my life yeah.. lol. The parts and labor are about 587.00 plus my little code reading sessions cost.. My part if "dealership" only... lol..

The part has to be ordered, it is safe to drive my car, and it does nothing to the car, but it will not pass emissions if I don't fix it. Right now I am feeling like a charcoal BBQ.. lol When he first said Charcoal filter and pump I started giggling I thought it was a joke.. Geesh... lol.. Oh, well... at least it wasn't anything serious... So, I have wheels again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yipppppeeee!

Sumtimes I really miss dat old 49 Ford pick up that I used to drive around in.

Good luck, Deja

Chili Pepper Kid

Mine is always on too.

But with the durango at 150K miles, it's bound to happen.

~EE Taft~

Sumtimes I really miss dat old 49 Ford pick up that I used to drive around in.

Good luck, Deja

Chili Pepper Kid

That is the truth.. lol

I think the check engine light is on in most of my vehicles most of the time. Then again the only one of the 5 that doesn't have over 100k miles is my daughters car.

But the miles are pretty low..

But the miles are pretty low..

What kind of car? If you don't mind me askin'.

~EE Taft~

Mine is always on too.

~EE Taft~

I wonder if I will flunk emssions .. hmmm

Mine is always on too.

~EE Taft~

I miss my Durango, loved that truck, SUV, whatever you want to call it. Had the leather seats, oh yeah, I like the leather seats...

But I sure don't miss it when I stop for gas.

I miss my Durango, loved that truck, SUV, whatever you want to call it. Had the leather seats, oh yeah, I like the leather seats...

But I sure don't miss it when I stop for gas.

While my little car is not pretty.. 37-40 MPG is .. lol

Yup, that's about what my Honda Civic gets, it goes about as far on it's 8 gallon tank as my truck does with it's 25 gallon tank, maybe farther. Truck is way more comfortable though.

Yeah.........

My next truck is gonna have four legs and one horse power..........

..........shoulda kept the 6 I had.

~EE Taft~

Yup, that's about what my Honda Civic gets, it goes about as far on it's 8 gallon tank as my truck does with it's 25 gallon tank, maybe farther. Truck is way more comfortable though.

Not exactly a smooth ride.. lol.. But a fast one.. and that works for me... Plus cheap.. it is paid for.. and it gets great mileage..

So.... what kind o' car, Deja...?

Ya know, for 'bout fifty bucks you can buy a diagnostic code reader from Wally World...

Simple to use, and can even turn off that pesky light - sometimes the condition is temporary, and turning off the light may make it "good," at least for a while.

Click on the link and watch the li'l video. :)

So.... what kind o' car, Deja...?

Ya know, for 'bout fifty bucks you can buy a diagnostic code reader from Wally World...

Simple to use, and can even turn off that pesky light - sometimes the condition is temporary, and turning off the light may make it "good," at least for a while.

Click on the link and watch the li'l video. :)

she wasted her money

A lady I work with had the same problem on her Dodge truck. They replaced the filter and pump and that fixed it for about a week. Turned out it was a loose clamp on a fuel return line.

Archived