SASS Wire Forum

Not a happy camper

Jgbeerman

So just got my rifle back from the local gunsmith today after two months which wouldn't have been a big deal but he kept telling me he couldn't even approximate when it would be done. He quote me 225 which with shipping and cfl fees was cheaper then sending it somewhere. However turns out to be 300 so if I knew thT I would have not had him do it and just shipped it. But I could forget all that if the work was good. Took it to the range after work and got 33 shots in before it broke. The carrier isn't moving at all with the lever but I was able to get the rest of the ammo out manually

I am not happy at all and needed to vent before I deal with him tomorrow

Thanks

Personally, if someone quoted me 225.00 that is what I would pay them unless they called me about the extra.

Sometimes things break. I've had my car worked on, then a few days later something else goes wrong. But, if is was something connected with his work, sounds like you should get some work on the house. And, as mentioned above, it isn't right that he charged you more than the quoted price without calling you. (I could understand maybe 10 bucks, but not 75).

Most gunsmiths stand behind their work, and they bend over backwards to make you happy with their work. That has been my experience anyway. If this isn't the case, then I would recommend a new gunsmith.

Archived