SASS Wire Forum

WAY OT-Any Homeowners Ins. Folks Out There?

Cypress Sun

1st off, everyone is okay and un-injured. 2nd, I'm sorry for posting this on the wire......just need some advice about claims.

I've never had a claim before and am looking for advice for when the claims adjuster arrives. Do I need to get estimate's 1st before accepting any offer from the Ins. Co.? Roof is messed up (got a tarp nailed down), garage door off it's track and resting inward on the cars, shed smashed and both Oak trees are sheered off with debris. Other minor stuff also. Pictures have been taken and appropriate phone calls made, etc.

What are the questions to be asked, what are the things to look out for with the adjuster comes. Thank you for all answers in advance.

Sun

Sun , can't give you any advice, just my sympathies. I've never had any major claims, and none down here...

Good luck.

Cheyenne

Had it happen once, State Farm sent an adjuster out and he was great. His check covered everything with a little over. He knew his prices. Hope you have the same luck.

I sold insurance for a while and we had Homeowners for a side line. I got an urgent message one day from the company that we could not bind Tornado Insurance if it was on the ground coming at the insured.

The adjuster should take care of everything. Sounds like you have everything in line for him as well. I am very glad that everyone is ok. That is the main thing. I would look at your policy so that you know what your deductable is.

Painted Filly

You may not have any problems, but if you do;

One question solves all problems; if you ask it enough times.

That's unacceptable, Who do I need to talk to?

( Yeah, I know I ended that with a preposition, but there's a joke about that.) :lol:

I went thru almost the same in 2007 and 2009. The adjuster took care of the biggest part of it as far as structure damage, I beleive they paid $500. for tree/debri removal. They should pay you for the cost of immediate tempory repairs to prevent futher damage. I made a list of what personal items were damaged with my figures for replacemant cost. No questions, no hard time, enough to cover my repairs and loss. I have State Farm.

Archived