SASS Wire Forum

First Time Visit

High Sierra Pete

I've been a SASS member for some time but not too active. I find that I will be in New Mexico over the End of Trail this year. Having never been there I have a question, as a SASS member, but not a participant this year, am I able to attend after the weekend which is open to the public? I won't be able to get there til Monday but am looking forward to the experience. Thanks.

High Sierra Pete

I'm not sure which Monday you are speaking of. If you are coming on June 20 things will just be getting started. If you are coming on the 27th. Everything is over and 99+% of everyone is gone. Most leave Sat. night the 25th or by Sunday afternoon June 26. All the vendors pack up Sunday and are gone Monday by noon.

• 2 months later...

I'm not sure which Monday you are speaking of. If you are coming on June 20 things will just be getting started. If you are coming on the 27th. Everything is over and 99+% of everyone is gone. Most leave Sat. night the 25th or by Sunday afternoon June 26. All the vendors pack up Sunday and are gone Monday by noon.

Howdy Happy Jack,

Quick question for clarification.

As a SASS member, but not a registered shooter at EOT, can I visit the event on Monday and Tuesday June 20th and 21st?

Can't stay the full 5 days so did not sign up as a conventioneer, just want to see a bit of EOT during those 2 days.

Thanks

Captain Quigley

SASS 4243 Life

I believe that if you are not registered then you can only be there until 5pm each day of the final weekend that being June 24,25,26. During the week, Mon-Thurs, it is for those that have registered and anyone not registered cannot enter. At least that is what I've been lead to believe.

You can also go find the SASS office while there, buy a Conventioneer's badge, and you will then have access to most of the events held after 5 pm. I did that my first year there as a visitor and it was a hoot!

If you are going to have several days/evenings you can play at EoT that is money well spent. There is a lot going on to see and do. Bring some extra cash or a VISA and plan on some shopping too as there will be a ton of vendors this year. Guns, clothing, leather goods, etc.

If you are only there for one day/evening, Monday might not be the most active day for you. Call the SASS office to get all the details.

Dan

Howdy folks,

Just talked to SASS headquarters.

To be clear,unless you are a competitor, conventioneer, hired or free help, ( I may have missed a category here) a member can not attend EOT until Friday June 24th.

Could not stay for the 5 days to buy a conventioneer pass and can't make it on the final weekend, I live several hundred miles away.

I understand it is the rules and the SASS folks were very polite about it.

Just seems like a missed opportunity for SASS to not just charge a daily admission fee to let SASS members visit EOT on the days their schedule allows.

In this tough financial climate, I am surprised by this policy.

Capt'n Quigley

As a new member and shooter I didn't feel comfortable shooting in a big match just yet. But wanted to get a feel for, and general know, about what a big match was all about. It would have been nice to know about this ahead of our 14 hour trip from Arizona, that we were not allowed to be there after 5:00. We where treated like General Puplic and told to leave even though we were there to support our local clubs. As it was put to us "you need to leave so that we can do our thing" Quote from Stinky?

As a new member and shooter I didn't feel comfortable shooting in a big match just yet. But wanted to get a feel for, and general know, about what a big match was all about. It would have been nice to know about this ahead of our 14 hour trip from Arizona, that we were not allowed to be there after 5:00. We where treated like General Puplic and told to leave even though we were there to support our local clubs. As it was put to us "you need to leave so that we can do our thing" Quote from Stinky?

You can also go find the SASS office while there, buy a Conventioneer's badge, and you will then have access to most of the events held after 5 pm. I did that my first year there as a visitor and it was a hoot!

If you are going to have several days/evenings you can play at EoT that is money well spent. There is a lot going on to see and do. Bring some extra cash or a VISA and plan on some shopping too as there will be a ton of vendors this year. Guns, clothing, leather goods, etc.

Call the SASS office to get all the details.

Dan

+1, Dan

LizzieB, I am sorry you feel that you should have been allowed to participate in the evening activities and headliner entertainment with out paying as all the other paid registered shooters, paid guests and paid conventioneers had done.

• 5 months later...

Archived