SASS Wire Forum

Nate Kiowa Jones 92 DVD

Thinkin' about getting it along with the SS follower and spring... I haven't heard back from him yet to see if the Rossi LSI/Puma version I have will be ok for that (I bet it is though....I hope)

The new addition :)

Video I am lookin' to purchase ~

http://www.stevesgunz.com/dvd.htm

Thanks for any input amigos! :)

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Thinkin' about getting it along with the SS follower and spring... I haven't heard back from him yet to see if the Rossi LSI/Puma version I have will be ok for that (I bet it is though....I hope)

The new addition :)

Video I am lookin' to purchase ~

http://www.stevesgunz.com/dvd.htm

Thanks for any input amigos! :)

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Hey Gunner,

I bought his video,steel follower,and lighter ejecter spring, 2 years ago. Used in on my Puma 92 in 38 cal. I was really pleased, getting ready to slick up a .45 now.

Blood Washed

The DVD is definitely a worthwhile investment. Nate's instructions and the results are first rate.

It's best to watch it a time or two and take notes before picking up any screwdrivers.

When I did my '92 I also taped each piece to a sheet of typing paper as I went and captioned each part so re-assembly went smoothly.

The DVD is definitely a worthwhile investment. Nate's instructions and the results are first rate.

It's best to watch it a time or two and take notes before picking up any screwdrivers.

When I did my '92 I also taped each piece to a sheet of typing paper as I went and captioned each part so re-assembly went smoothly.

+ 1 most definitely! I have one in 45 and the DVD parts combo was just what was needed. It also got me familiar with the inter workings of the gun to where if I have an issue with the gun now, I am not at all scared with digging into the gun and going at it. It now is a quite simple gun to strip and clean or to work on in spite of what is said about it. Smithy.

I dont have Nate Kiowa tape but I do have several 92s that he did and they work perfect. Knowledge cost money and no matter if its in book or video form the more you know the better off you are. I know of no one who knows the model 92 as well as Nate does and when you handle one of his guns you soon understand what its about. Many times here, Nate has given advise on gunsmithing matters and we are very lucky to have him as a Pard. I have Great Respect for Him and His Knowledge.

As an advanced collector of guns I would venture to say I have close to $20,000.00 or more in reference books along and buy more as they come to print. I just paid over $500.00 on a advanced book [two volume set] about Parker Shotguns that is so rare I had never seen one before. I also collect books about Indian Captives and these are hard to find and tens times so if they involve women. I also collect books on early Texas History from 1820s to 1900 and of coures books about the Texas Rangers and Indian Fighters. Once a book goes out of print the price skyrockets.

Your Pard, Texas Man

Another +1 for the video.

As a reassembly guide it is almost required - there are a couple of tricks that makes reassembly easier, and it is sure easier to watch an expert do it before attempting to do it yourself.

http://sassnet.com/f...t&f=12&t=166914

Will this DVD also work on a Cimarron 92 in 45C?

Thanks!

Zane

There are several builders now of the 92, and the detail differences can drive you nuts. I don't know who builds the Cimarron 92, but why not call Nate up and ask him if there are differences? Then you can order the DVD at the same time. He's a great pard to talk to.

Heck, if he'll talk to me on the phone he'll talk to anyone! :P

Nate's DVD is well worth the money. It appears your rifle also had that funky safety on the back of the Breach Block (bolt). When you get your DVD, I'd suggest you also get his spring kit and a plug so you can remove that dumb safety thing.

Coffinmaker

Heck, if he'll talk to me on the phone he'll talk to anyone! :P

Best time to call is after noon CST until about suppertime. Nate's work schedule could best be described as "second shift." :lol: He answers email purty good too (at least for me).

The video is great, but I'm not that good at fabricating....my '92 has work done by him, and I'll not try to become a gunsmith. The assembly/disassembly instructions were clear enough, however, for my 13 y/o to learn how to do it, so I think that says something for the information and instruction provided in the video.

Good Luck.

Chick

Archived