SASS Wire Forum

GA Brass, PMC .45LC and .38 Specials

Marshal Dan Troop 70448

Georgia Arm brass, especially, also PMC marked .45LC has a thicker base and slightly wider, having problems with them going into the shell holder. Also those that do, seem to be thicker, and harder to resize. Have had problems with some of their .38 special also. Anyone else seen this? MT

Haven't had a piece of PMC brass in .45 Colt that didn't fit my Dillon 550 shell plate. Usually it seems like great brass.

Never seen a piece of Georgia Arms. Sorry.

Pull your calipers out and show us the dimensional differences. Feelings don't count much when reloading. Let's see the numbers.

Good luck, GJ

Howdy,

Never had a problem fitting into the shell holder, but Remington, blazer and PMC would not run very well in an older 1873 carbine wouldn't extract reliably (SP)?

KK

I have a lot of Ga Arms brass in 45 Colt and 38 SPL as well as a mix of others and have not had that issue with the GA Arms components. The one brand that I do see that issue with is Starline in 45 Colt, it seems a hair larger in diameter than the others. Not much of an issue as it is still perfectly usable so I do not avoid them, and their brass is top quality, just takes a bit more effort to get it into and remove it from the shell holder. BTW I use Lee reloading equipment/shell holder.

Bucky

Archived