SASS Wire Forum

White or Red?

Miss Cubbie

Walmart announced that sometime in 2011 it will begin offering customers a new discount item... Walmart's own brand of wine. :blink::blink:

The world's largest retail chain is teaming up with Ernest and Julia Gallo Winery of California to produce the spirits at an affordable price - in the $2 to $5 range.

Wine connoisseurs may not be inclined to put a bottle of Walmart brand wine into their shopping carts, but "there is a market for inexpensive wine," said Kathy Miken, professor of marketing at the University of Arkansas.

"But the right name is important." Customer surveys were conducted to determine the most attractive name for the Walmart brand.

The top surveyed names in order of popularity were:

10.Chateau Traileur Parc

9. White Trashfindel

8. Big Red Gulp

7. World Championship Reisling

6. NASCARbernet

5. Chef Boyardeaux

4. Peanut Noir

3. I Can't Believe it's Not Vinegar

2. Grape Expectations

1. Nasti Spumante

The beauty of Walmart's wine is that it can be served with either white meat (Possum) or red meat (Squirrel).

.....I think I'll see what I can rustle up for dinner from the back yard tomorrow night :wacko:

Miss Cubbie

:huh: .... is peanut oil good for that, too? or just fish??

Walmart announced that sometime in 2011 it will begin offering customers a new discount item... Walmart's own brand of wine. :blink::blink:

The world's largest retail chain is teaming up with Ernest and Julia Gallo Winery of California to produce the spirits at an affordable price - in the $2 to $5 range.

Wine connoisseurs may not be inclined to put a bottle of Walmart brand wine into their shopping carts, but "there is a market for inexpensive wine," said Kathy Miken, professor of marketing at the University of Arkansas.

"But the right name is important." Customer surveys were conducted to determine the most attractive name for the Walmart brand.

The top surveyed names in order of popularity were:

10.Chateau Traileur Parc

9. White Trashfindel

8. Big Red Gulp

7. World Championship Reisling

6. NASCARbernet

5. Chef Boyardeaux

4. Peanut Noir

3. I Can't Believe it's Not Vinegar

2. Grape Expectations

1. Nasti Spumante

The beauty of Walmart's wine is that it can be served with either white meat (Possum) or red meat (Squirrel).

.....I think I'll see what I can rustle up for dinner from the back yard tomorrow night :wacko:

Miss Cubbie

:huh: .... is peanut oil good for that, too? or just fish??

As long as it tastes like chicken everyone will be okay with it.. lol

California vintners in the Napa Valley area, which primarily produce Pinot Blanc, Pinot Noir and Pinot Grigio wines, have developed a new hybrid grape that acts as an anti-diuretic. It is expected to reduce the number of trips older people have to make to the bathroom during the night.

The new wine will be marketed as:

PINO MORE

Publix used to carry a wine (haven't seen it lately, but haven't been looking). Brown label. Looked like it was kraft paper, like grocery bags are made of (well, what they were made of when I was young). CHEAP WHITE WINE and CHEAP RED WINE.

And we mustn't forget Two Buck Chuck.

Hate to say it, but Wal-Mart does carry a wine that is two, or maybe three, bucks a bottle that is pretty decent. Some blind tastings with people who know wine came back with favorable comments and some shocked faces when they found out it was Wal-Mart cheap.

Might not be a special occasion wine, be plenty good for every day or informal get togethers.

I do not like ANY WINE a'tall !!!

Now , whiskey, dat's nother story....

I like whiskey....

Nope.....I LOVE WHISKEY !! :wub:

:lol: ...or bacon!!

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Denny's is advertising a bacon sundae....... ice cream topped with bacon and maple syrup. Ok I like bacon but that just sounds disgusting.

I have had a bacon donut. Not too bad. :)

Denny's is advertising a bacon sundae....... ice cream topped with bacon and maple syrup. Ok I like bacon but that just sounds disgusting.

I have had a bacon donut. Not too bad. :)

Think about something like corn and potato chowder. Sweet, creamy, bacony. Just hot instead of cold.

Archived