SASS Wire Forum

New meaning for March Madness

Utah Bob #35998

This should make your blood pressure go up! :angry:

...sometimes, me thinks, we allow our government to get away with too much!!!!

Bob.... where do you find this stuff...??

And you're right - I could feel the mercury rising! :angry:

I might have a suggestion to that blonde witch on where she could park her broom... <_<

Who are these people and where did they come from? Did this happen in the USA? You're just making a joke right? Did this really happen or was it just put on for the camera and the web? XXX already? This is a typical example of the tail wagging the dog. Was this the result of one person's complaint and what was it based on? Unreal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who are these people and where did they come from? Did this happen in the USA? You're just making a joke right? Did this really happen or was it just put on for the camera and the web? XXX already? This is a typical example of the tail wagging the dog. Was this the result of one person's complaint and what was it based on? Unreal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Delaware DOT.

Could have been handled better. Rights of way issues cause bad feelings, but if the ROW is valid, they have the right to keep it clear. Still, sending out the heavy equipment and the State Police is a bit heavy-handed.

This is a time to pull back and re-assess. Go out and get a roll-away pole and hoop, put it out in the circle when you are playing, roll it back when you are not. Issue resolved, no pole sitting required. Save the civil disobedience for the really important issues.

LL

Could have been handled better. Rights of way issues cause bad feelings, but if the ROW is valid, they have the right to keep it clear. Still, sending out the heavy equipment and the State Police is a bit heavy-handed.

This is a time to pull back and re-assess. Go out and get a roll-away pole and hoop, put it out in the circle when you are playing, roll it back when you are not. Issue resolved, no pole sitting required. Save the civil disobedience for the really important issues.

LL

Looked like some of them on the truck was the portable type that could be moved around. Keeping the right of way clear of tree limbs and bushes that overhang in the road is on thing, but somthing like this is crazy. They going to pull up all the mailboxes and road signs?

As mentioned, this could have been handled a WHOLE lot better. The petty bureaucrat in charge needs to be spanked and given some training in public relations.

And they wonder why people are angry at government. :angry:

As mentioned, this could have been handled a WHOLE lot better. The petty bureaucrat in charge needs to be spanked and given some training in public relations.

And they wonder why people are angry at government. :angry:

Agreed. It COULD be handled better, but the offended folks don't have a leg to stand on.

I'm glad they removed the evil basketball pole. Playing street basketball could lead to other things. You know....organized sports. It all starts somewhere, 1st it's JV basketball, next college basketball and finally pro basketball. Everyone knows that pro sports stars have drug and legal problems........so the removal of the pole is just saving some poor soul from a lifetime of crime. It's a proven fact, check it out. :blink:

Disclaimer: The above statement has not been substantiated as fact.

I would think that if the hoops were required to be removed then,

(unless they are discriminating against the home owners with the hoops)

all obstructions within the "right of way" would also have to be removed.

If pressed, that would mean all signs for housing developments, ornamental mail boxes (anything other than specified break-a-way posts), etc.

I believed that if pressed thru the legal system that they opened a can of worms that the authority can't win.

dutch

I would think that if the hoops were required to be removed then,

(unless they are discriminating against the home owners with the hoops)

all obstructions within the "right of way" would also have to be removed.

If pressed, that would mean all signs for housing developments, ornamental mail boxes (anything other than specified break-a-way posts), etc.

I believed that if pressed thru the legal system that they opened a can of worms that the authority can't win.

dutch

It depends on your city code. I read my city code, and the city is not responsible for mail boxes placed in the right-of-way if damaged due to any city activities such as snow plowing.

I don't like heavy-handed government anymore than anyone else, but you can't squawk if it is the law. People should know their city ordinances. There are some pretty goofy laws on the books. People can always apply for a variance.

On the video, you can hear the LEO state that they would lay the pole in the guy's driveway. Then when they started loading it in the truck against the homeowner's objection, the officer denied ever stating they would lay it on the guy's property. Oops. Sorry, Officer...you're caught on tape. Afterwards, apparently when the fiasco was over, the officer again denied ever stating that. But once again, they got him on video. And you ask why some people aren't real friendly to law enforcement. :huh:

Archived