SASS Wire Forum

Winchester aa featherlite

Painted Cowboy

I live in southern California was wonderin if any pards know where to buy Winchester aa featherlite powder.. Trying not so pay all the hazmat and shipping...or what else is just as good or better .I'm just getting into reloading my shotgun shells.. Thanks

I made up a load for the featherlite before you could buy the Win powder, and I used Clays. I like it so much I still use it even after the Win powder came available. And is cheaper to buy too..

good shootin

curley

Saint,

You might try:

Field time sports on Beach just south of Hazard in Westminister OR the Stockade on Westminister just east of Beach, also in Westminister.

I use Win AA lite and love it. Look on the Hodgdon website for load info. You'll notice that the Clays "lite" loads that everyone uses are off the chart low. I know a lot of people that use light loaded Clays but I just don't feel confortable using loads that are way below the chart recommendations.

Good Luck CK

You won't find the word featherlite on the box. You will read low noise, low recoil or something like that. You can buy them at Walmart. You use them only in doubles and pumps. They don't have enough umpth to cycle most semi-auto shotguns.

You won't find the word featherlite on the box. You will read low noise, low recoil or something like that. You can buy them at Walmart. You use them only in doubles and pumps. They don't have enough umpth to cycle most semi-auto shotguns.

OH-really :rolleyes:

They run just fine in my Remmy 11-87 ;)

Cheers,

LG

I've been checking all those places,and they are all out.. I'll see if they'll order it for me.. Just missed the gun show too.. Thanks for the suggestions..

Use Clays and either Curly's or my recipe....

Ya can't tell the difference and it's cheaper.

JJJ-D

:ph34r::ph34r:

JJJ

I use Clays and 7/8 oz 8 shot.

I got real bad shoulders and I love that load!

Son is 6' 7" and that is what he uses.

I don't like buying off the shelf.

However I am retarted and all kinds of time.

Have been reloading everything since the 50's.

IMHO that is.

:blush:

The new Turners in Rancho Cucamonga has a couple of cases of them. I bought a couple of boxes to keep my stock up. The only problem with reloading the newer AA hulls is that they only last a couple of loads and start to deteriorate.

BTW, I have been loading the same load and shooting it in my shotguns for almost 5 years and works just fine.

good shootin all

curley

yep, nobody BOTHER to have him call me, I only have 4 or 5 cases of them. Or do you just remember me when you need FAVORS?

hud

yep, nobody BOTHER to have him call me, I only have 4 or 5 cases of them. Or do you just remember me when you need FAVORS?

hud

ANOTHER great powder that I use to make "featherlight"-style re-loads is Hodgdons "Titewad". You can duplicate the AA Featherlight loading exactly, and the Titewad is extremely economical...loads a BUNCH of rounds from the amount in the container. I use the 0.95 powder bushing in LEE and the 17 in MEC, (which you have to ream a bit to get it to drop the equivalent, as MEC doesn't have the exact dose bushing)Can't be used in rifle/pistol cartridges though, just shotgun shells.

hud

OUCH! :mellow:

Me thinks he was looking fer powder, and yer right, you got powder too, so give HUD a call.......

But be careful when ya go there, he's got a lot of really cool toys in his shop...

JJJ-D

:ph34r::ph34r:

hud

Sorry I wazn't aware you had FL's in stock. I usually pick a box or two up when ever I see them to stock up for reloading.Turners was the last place I saw them. Will hit u up too. (I hope you get in some 44/40 BearCreek in for Old Top.Oh and some 230gr 45acp too would be cool.

BTW, That 97 We picked up from you is turning out to be a pretty fun gun...we have been "gussing" it up...Thanks

Folks should check out hud's new store...he is doing good stuff there...

ST. V.

sent you a pm

curley

Quote from Feather lite box "AA Low Recoil Low Noise Shotshell USE in open break and pump shotguns only. Do NOT use in semi-automatic shotguns as load may not function the firearm's action." It goes on to repeat the same message in French. :rolleyes:

Archived