SASS Wire Forum

OK, who took my drywall tools...

Grizzly Dave

Been going room to room upstairs, patch, paint, move on. Went to get started on a new room today, all my drywall knives are gone, missing, no where to be found. Had a contractor in a while back to do some work I didn't want to, including a bit of drywall stuff, I bet they were laying around and he just packed them up with his stuff. Not a huge deal, just is ticking me off. Several of them were pretty nice as drywall tools go... ya know, if I'd known they were MIA I'd have replaced them when I picked up spackle and mud the other day, both of which went missing about the same time as the tools.

Or, they could have just gone into that black hole where every tool you are looking for goes when you can't find it.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

So much for that project this afternoon. Guess I'll fix some dinner and watch TV.

Grizz

Look at it as a good excuse not to work. My spare Mauser parts disapeard into a black hole in the attic of the family home in Ohio several years back and have never surfaced since. :angry: . . . and I KNOW they have to be thur shomehwur :excl::wacko:

ps. Driftwood Johnson was nice enought to addmit to taking my spare Mauser parts, . . this back when they first disapeared and I was searching high and low for them, . . . However . . I have a suspicion that he was kidding since he lives a long way away from there and he didn't know the address ;)

Been going room to room upstairs, patch, paint, move on. Went to get started on a new room today, all my drywall knives are gone, missing, no where to be found. Had a contractor in a while back to do some work I didn't want to, including a bit of drywall stuff, I bet they were laying around and he just packed them up with his stuff. Not a huge deal, just is ticking me off. Several of them were pretty nice as drywall tools go... ya know, if I'd known they were MIA I'd have replaced them when I picked up spackle and mud the other day, both of which went missing about the same time as the tools.

Or, they could have just gone into that black hole where every tool you are looking for goes when you can't find it.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

So much for that project this afternoon. Guess I'll fix some dinner and watch TV.

Grizz

Ohhhhhhh....I aint da be dat contractor !!!!

Don't even cast an eye dis way Grizz......I aint doin' drywall....

Remember..always sand...paint...den patch...rat ??

Just made the first pass at cleaning the barn and if you were near here, I'd give you a complete set just to have the space they are taking up.

Dwarnt me, I hate drywalling....kin du et, but I shure dunt lak et!

Cheyenne

Growing up my father would always accuse me of using his tools to build my models, then losing them. One winter he swore up and down that I had taken his fence tool to build a model and then lost them. The next summer we went out to fix the pasture fence and what did we find. His fence tool rusted up, sitting on top of a fence post, where he had been using them the year before.

I confess I borrowed them to drywall my man cave this past winter. The good news is the drywall is all done and I am going to finish painting the room tomorrow.

However my next winter's project is to sheetrock my basement family room so it'll be a while before I am finsh using your tools. I might suggest you catch up with your reloading in the meantime.

Dang Dave, I've got about three of everything when it comes to drywall. I was hoping all those tools would be gone, but they're still there next to the concrete tools. Why is it the cheaper the tool the more work required to operate it?

LL'

+1 Mariner on your dad accusing you of losing his tools. My dad was (and still is) the same way. Heck, we're still finding rusted up tools that my great grandad and my grandad left laying around the farm. It's kind of cool finding those old tools, though. I really like finding horseshoes in the fields and knowing that one of my grandad's put it on the plowhorse and was cussing when he had to put another one on.

I'll just go buy new ones tomorrow. Then come home and I bet I find the old ones right off. Not doing any major drywall, I suck at mudding seams and such, I don't have the patience for it. But I can fill little dings and cracks.

When I built the kids playhouse and drywalled it, I finished one seam the right way, you have to really look to find it, after that I knew I could do it, and just chose not to. Just as well, 10 years of kids playing out there it all needs replaced or repaired anyway.

I put them back. well all except for the compound.. Rat ate it.. lol

U R 1 :P lady ;)

Huh? Wolffees it wasn't me it is RAts... lol. She can't be trusted you know? tonight on our little walk out by the dipsie dumpster she found a treasure again.. I chased her for it.. but by the time I remembered I had a retractable lease she had it swallowed.. lol.. gosh, i hope I don't have to sleep with it, what ever it was later tonight.. lol.. Rats is a odd dog.. she is so lady like looking, and yet such a .. uh.. Okay dad calls her "sparkplug" .. lol.. and she is..

Archived