SASS Wire Forum

Coyote Cap '97

Tomboy

Hi,

$800 out the door, loaded. Does it work and what about parts?

Thanks,

T.

I have one and it runs better than any other 97 I've handled. If it is one of his custom jobs, it'll have "coyote cap" engraved on one of the parts inside the ejection port. Should also come with a full set of chokes that have "coyote cap" etched on them.

I don't know about spare parts. They are IAC imports and there are lots of IAC shotguns out there, so I'd imagine parts are available somewhere.

That price is high. I picked up mine in 2009 on Gunbroker and paid $650 + shipping.

Pancho

I got one new in Oct. 2005. It is the only SG I have shot since then & I probably average 20 to 25 boxes/yr. through it. I haver never had a problem of any kind except to replace the ejector about every 2 yrs. It is slick as snot on a brass doorknob. All I ever do is drench it good with Ballistol every couple of shoots and run a Bore Snake through it.

It could not be any better!!!! Thank you Cap.

Cap'n Highpockets

I have a Coyote Cap 93/97. It took a year to get it after I ordered it. It is a very smooth, nice shotgun. It is really a better shotgun than I am a shotgunner.

I bought one used. It is slick, sturdy and reliable. It is one of the best shotguns I have ever owned. Cap has my '87 now doing his "posi-lock" mod.

Olen

I got my new '97 Trench gun (for Wild Bunch) from Cap in Feb. just before WR. I own 5 original '97's. ALL have been worked over by some of the best '97 smiths around. The new IAC trench from Cap is by far the best of the lot. I have already run a case+ of shells through it (6 at a time) with no problems. It was more expensive from him than some other places, BUT, it works perfect and he is a great person and I support those who support our sport.

Archived