SASS Wire Forum

Duhhhh....Hat Question

Flat Water Bob

Wal Mart and many hobby stores have a product called Fabric Tac that works really well. I use it in my hat business for just that purpose among others.

Keeps You from bending over and leaving that hatband on the ground. Just make sure you don't smear the felt.

Couple of little dabs of "White Glue" that dries clear, or couple little dabs of contact cement. With the contact cement, only put little dabs on one article. Put a dab on both pieces and it gets sorta permanent. 10 Penny nails are a mite uncomfortable :rolleyes:

Coffinmaker

Howdy!

Subdeacon Joe is right; sew it on. I use a needle and matching thread (a heavy duty coat or rug thread). Fold the leather sweat liner out of the way and stitch to the inside of the hat; usually 4 places. Don't worry if you put it through the satin liner. I don't make the thread loops real tight as I want the hat band to be able to give just a bit, as the hat does; for instance, if you need to scrunch it down tightly on your head for some reason.

Use a fine needle and matching thread to stitch it on at two or three points.

+1

Use a fine needle and matching thread to stitch it on at two or three points.

Yup.

Either that or never bend over. :lol:

How do you secure a double tassel hatband to your hat. Just drawing/pulling the two tassels doesn't seem to hold it in place.

one stitch of kevlar thread from my fly tying box in four places. Stitch on the underside of the hatband thru an existing hole made during the assembly of the hat and no one will ever know.....

Archived