SASS Wire Forum

Tang sight adjust?

Timber Rattler

You weren't supposed to remove any screws or pull out the eye piece. The barrel just turns and the sight staff goes up and down. Here's an excerpt from the instructions.

"To adjust the sight for elevation, turn both knurled sleeves at the same time. Turning

the sleeves clockwise will raise the sight, counter-clockwise will lower the sight.

Once the correct elevation is found, turn the sleeves in opposite directions so they

lock against each other. This will lock the elevation post in place and

prevent any movement."

I am quoting this from Lyman's instructions,"To adjust the sight for elevation, turn both knurled sleeves at the same time. Turningthe sleeves clockwise will raise the sight, counter-clockwise will lower the sight. Once thecorrect elevation is found, turn thesleeves in opposite directions so they lock against each other." Also they say DO NOT attempt to loosen the set screw that holds the elevation pod together. Not the end of the world, mine was loose as it came from Lymans. Finding something small enough to fit it to tighten it is the only problem. Lymans toll-free no. is 1-800-22-LYMAN. Hope this helps.

Thanks, it was froze tight with a little rust (just got it used,my first) but it has loosened up.

Thanks for the help!

Hit with a drop of Breakfree CLP, then work it back and forth to the full length of travel.

Ride easy, but stay alert! Godspeed to all those still in harm's way in the defense of Freedom everywhere! God Bless America! :FlagAm:

Your Pard,

Hit with a drop of Breakfree CLP, then work it back and forth to the full length of travel.

Ride easy, but stay alert! Godspeed to all those still in harm's way in the defense of Freedom everywhere! God Bless America! :FlagAm:

Your Pard,

:angry: Make sure that little set screw is tight I had one come apart and hit me in the safety glasses left a mark in the lense . Woodfox

Archived